Sign in to follow this  
blacklistor

RE: UE superfi. 5 pro VS audio technica ESW9

I'm really thinking of upgrading from Ultimate Ears Superfi. 5 pro to ESW9. i saw on the STEREO website that it was categorized under STREETWEAR. but the ESW9 is much more than a streetwear gadget right? any recommendations for something that... really brings out the vocals? for the price range of 300-400? cause i feel that somehow..from my superfi. 5 pro, i can feel the background sounds more than the vocals itself...

Guest dragonboy

ESW9 is classified under streetwear is because it is one of the best portable closed-cans headphone.

Vocals for the ESW9 is definitely much more warmer than the SF5pro, musicality more warmer and better layering..... but than again you can't really compare a earphone and a headphone as earphones are for more portability and though the ESW9 is light and considered portable, it's size is still a lot bigger than the ESW9.

But if you're looking for a good portable closed-cans, you should'nt give ESW9 a miss. Try it at stereo since they have a demo unit.

did try out at SE the esw9

its sound so much warmer then Grado sr80, able to listen much longer period of time

but then again... i still prefer the sound of grado

back to topic, headphones will aways sound better then earphones

soundstage, layering is much more better and natural

if you dont mind the size, go for it ^_^

Edited by BahTeng

The ESW9 is super comfy, the clamping force is just right and the headphone pads are just luxurious.

Jaben is having a promotion now, ESW9 + travel case for $3X9.

But keep in mind the isolation offered cannot compare to the super.fi 5pro.

did try out at SE the esw9

its sound so much warmer then Grado sr80, able to listen much longer period of time

but then again... i still prefer the sound of grado

back to topic, headphones will aways sound better then earphones

soundstage, layering is much more better and natural

if you dont mind the size, go for it ^_^

Yeah. I love the sound of the Grado SR60/SR80. To me, SR60 is enough and it's quite cheap. The only thing stopping me from getting it is its portability. It's too bulky and I don't usually carry a bag, and I don't like to put it around my neck all day long. If it's foldable like my PX200 last time, then I won't mind. :grin: