Sign in to follow this  
shafune

Changing Koss Headphones

Hi i currently own a pair of koss portapro headphones and i want to change into something as good if not better. I have the sennheiser PMX 50 Street in mind but i don't know if its as gd. Any suggestions?

I have tried my friend's portapro..and like the sound..sorry for asking..why change?

What other headphone can give a similar sound (with similar budget)

have you try the senn PX200? If you work near alexandra, can go to the showroom to test drive the px200

Well the portapro has good sounds quality but the design is rather troublesome. At times i would get my hair stuck on the headband. Futhermore, the headband is metallic so if it mixes wif sweat it gives a very metalic scent which i find abit disturbing.

Abt the senn PX200, seems like a good pair from the reviews but I hav a fear of senn cuz da last senn pair i had was awful.

I'd prefer a pair which gives a strong bass sound.

Guest dragonboy

I'll give the senn PX-200 a miss. Not much separation, narrow soundstaging muddy bass.

Try the i-Grado if you need portability. Extra budget and don't mind the size...try SR-60 $120.

Well the portapro has good sounds quality but the design is rather troublesome. At times i would get my hair stuck on the headband. Futhermore, the headband is metallic so if it mixes wif sweat it gives a very metalic scent which i find abit disturbing.

Abt the senn PX200, seems like a good pair from the reviews but I hav a fear of senn cuz da last senn pair i had was awful.

I'd prefer a pair which gives a strong bass sound.

strong bassy sound but cheap would be the Akg k518dj at $109, i also tried the Ath fc700 also found it quite bassy too but not sure how much is that.....btw how much does the Koss Portapro costs? i'm interested in getting a budget basshead headphone~

Guest dragonboy

Koss Portapro is retailing in S'pore for about $89.00 but got lifetime warranty. I don't think warranty includes the sponges. :grin:

Koss Portapro is retailing in S'pore for about $89.00 but got lifetime warranty. I don't think warranty includes the sponges. :grin:

wow, 89 seems quite ex for something like that, i thought maybe 69 at most or something, thx for the reply too~