Sign in to follow this  
Mc_Goertz

Newbie here, Inquiring about headphone and headphone amp

Hi to All,

Good day!, newbie to headphone, currently i have a hifi setup of both solid state and tube amplifier no headphone out, but want to try the headphone for private listening (sometimes wife complaining music too loud) :grin::grin: . For headphone amp I read about the little dot II where can i find it and roughly around how much the price, and also for headphone (close ear) my budget is around S$120 need your recommendation usually listened to vocals, instrumentals and also like those music with deep bass. I saw audio technica at best denki price around S$40+ how it perform. For headphone amp can consider a second hand budget around S$100. No need DAC as I have a MSB DAC and X10D tube buffer. need you help thanks

Hi welcome to the forum.

For budget S$120 you might want to try Grado SR60, very decent for vocals and instrumentals. If you can increase your budget slightly more then take a look at the Alessandro MS-1, best bang for the bucks. You can audition the MS-1 at stereo electronics@woodlands, or Jaben@adelphi. They also have a variety of headphone amps that you can consider.

I don't have much experience with audio technica headphones so can't give useful comments.