Sign in to follow this  
BlackCatz

Headphone recommendation

Hi, im currently have a esw9 and a go vibe out from a ipod 6G. Just heard the akg 701 and totally addicted so im thinking of upgrading. I need something that driveable by my go-vibe. Any suggestions? 701 seems very very tempting to wear on the go now :wub: but will grab attention like nobody business :bash: Need the quality of the 701 with more bass

Edited by BlackCatz

The AKG701 is very demanding in terms of amplification, and probably not the best portable cans.

Oh yea what portable amp you would recommend that can drive the akg 701? Is the govibe good enuf?

u need at least an iqube. but then again the 701 is NOT a portable.

For me, the 701 is definitely not a on-the-go phone. It's not the looks, sound leak or amplification. It's the weather.

For me, the 701 is definitely not a on-the-go phone. It's not the looks, sound leak or amplification. It's the weather.

lol tats tru. if i see anyone wearing the 701 commuting in public, my evil side is gonna be really tempted to ridicule them.

I don't think ANY IEM can match the ESW9 in terms of bass and soundstage.

The bass on the ESW9 is served in spades, having a wood cup and all.

Guest dragonboy

Can't compare headphones to earphones. Not very fair, bro.

If you really insist on bring out the 701, I'll suggest the I-QUBE. Blends well with good transparency.

But bringing out the 701 is a challenge. If I happened to see you out on the streets with the 701..... I'm gonna have a good laugh. :grin: