jasonhanjk

SG Headphones 3rd meet result

lemme guess, the guy wearing white in the front row left is mackie aka clarence?

no prizes since jason already posted that in the first page wink.gif

eh.. noone post pics of the gears (naked?)

hm.. me wanna post .. maybe tomorrow..

blaze, shall we keep the thread at the main forum or here?

hm hm

ablaze - amended my post... super paiseh.. unsure.gif

Edited by adhoc

Hey, I finally look good in a photograph! LOL! Evo send me the original file of that group photo as I want to print it out at the office & hang it on my wall for the great memory thanks guys. I will post some of my thoughts when I get back from SG. It was a real blast I really enjoyed meeting you guys, you guys are a great bunch of guys. I wished we have more time to stay longer but things just didn't work out. Kudos to all involved expecially lengcm for the nice venue. There's just too many people to thank, I feel the love dudes. Tee you owe me a night out! If anyone of you are coming over to our neck of the woods, look us up & let us repay the compliment.

Anglican High School.

me? nope

u're from AHS?

me? i'm from ASS [hehe]

anderson secondary school

evo please send me the photo too.

the_adhoc@yahoo.com.sg

evo, sent u a pm.. dunno whether got receive or not

anyway, send it to me @ Guyferd99@hotmail.com

mommy wanna see cookie's gang ohmy.giflol.gif

um, guys, i wanted to mention this earlier but was, frankly, afraid to:

how did you all find my modded dt880 compared to a 'virgin' one?

please dont tell me now that mackie forgot to bring it.. lol.gif

EDIT: this was my 700th post! on a nostalgic note, i remember how my first days here were - totally lost and naive. back then i remember my idea of bliss was a mx500! how my standards have changed! and although i've unfortunately not been able to make it to any of the meets yet, i somehow feel like you all are a family of sorts. wub.gif

here's to my continued interest in headphone-hi-fi, and to sgheadphones, my second home and family! drunk.gif

Edited by adhoc

um.. we don't have burned in 880 at the meet lah that's the problem.

Sipher brought his 880, but he said it hadn't been burned in.

So I can't do direct comparison also.

But if I have to use memory.. your modded sounds a lil more open and airy as well.

That's what I could remember. Must a/b lah.. hahahah... nevertheless you did a good job. smile.gif

Hmm...3 pages of no equipment impressions...hmm

OK, I'll get the ball rolling...

The "star" of the show was the RKV with all 4 tubes glowing. The system synergy with the cyrus CD combo and the Kimber KS-1030 and Grado RS-1 was in a word amazing.

The Gilmore V1 was IMO a slightly warmer version as compared to the V2 and the Corda HA-2 was slightly warmer than the V1.

The Cayin I only listened to shortly...needless to say I'm making a trip to Mackie's or Oak's home someday.

Also the Musical Fidelity CDP was in a word very good to excellent.

The Sony F1 showed how fleet footed it was - like walking on air - but was bass shy.

The Beyer DT-931 made it's debut (unburnt) and was a little bright on some amps but I know from experience that it sounded best with the Corda HA-2 (with Kimber KS-1030)

The Equinox HD-600 cable was better than the Clou Red HD-600 cable.

I sleepy now and will go to bed...

N@Z and Matbon were fantastic guests and all-round nice guys. I think they were just deprived in Brunei and received an overload of choice at the meet.

Blues made another appearence and was silent as usual (at Meets).

Good night.

Any pictures, please

Yes, N@Z, feel exhausted after leaving the Meet today, with long drive to west and east. Will definitely bring you to hot spots in MSR in next Meet, if held in S'pore.

tee, could you do me a favour and use a smaller version of your animated gif? lags the page wink.gif thanks.

hey guys, so what'd I miss after I left? what was the post-meet activity? drinks and women? biggrin.gif

I certainly agree with Rameish, the combo of the RKV with the Cyrus and the RS-1 certain blew me away even though I only listen to it for like 30 secs. Can't seem to listen to the RKV as there is always a queue.

The other combination that impressed me was the A3, Sudgen and the HD600 with Equinox. It seems like this combination does pretty well with the RS1 and the CD3k. The CD3k offers more detail than the HD600 with Equinox. The only disadvantage IMHO is the midrange, the CD3k is not as warm and lush as the HD600 with equinox. However, the CD3k would be a better all rounder cans than the HD600 on this system.

I am also gald to inform everyone that 19 persons turned up for this meet and we have collected a total of $190. The rental of the board room costs $140. The surplus $50 will go to the future meet.

Edited by lengcm