jasonhanjk

SG Headphones 3rd meet result

penguin amp

I'll give this Penguin "CMOY" a 9 out of 10. Fantastic sound for such a small DIY. Sounded very good with the Koss and Sennheiser. If not for the rather sparse and loose fittings I'll defintely give it a 10! Bravo!

Finally I know what HD600 is in the meeting biggrin.gif

To be frankly I just took a glance at the RS1, DT880 and CD3K (all much better than my 240DF wub.gif ), and mainly focused on the 3 HD600s.

On LC-KING my favorite can was HD580 with equinox, with enough but clean bass for symphony playback. However, blush.gif , there were 3 amps controlling the bass of HD600 very well : naim, sugden and the RKV. Dont have time to experience the Gilmore and Corda yet innocent.gif . Comparatively naim gave a milky sound and sugden was more rigid. The RKV constructed a warm and full-bodied atmosphere ... ... ..., but anyway, it is not as tempting as the previous two, since a bit expensive ppth.gif

BTW, I prefer to the one with equinox, but in fact, the stock cable is also ok for me.

evo, thanks fot the grp photo email.

headphonecrazy, sparse and loose fittings?

evo, thanks fot the grp photo email.

headphonecrazy, sparse and loose fittings?

The electronics and the battery housing might need some work to reduce the rattling. Incidentally, I found that the sound did degrade a little if you use put pressure on the cover of the housing - could be some grounding I reckon?

Hi all..

okay...for me..what i mostly do is listening to various setup using my own HD 202..but i also did listen

to evo Grado SR-60...and jason's and huangyong's HD600.

Ok...for me...i tried out all the marantz CD player, IIRC there isn't any other brands cdp. I find them

bright to me...i did ask Northen Oak to have a listen to my cans plugin to e sipher's marantz cdp...we

both agree that it sounds bright through my cans...i agree marantz tend to be warmer...at least i know my

cans sounds warmer from marantz compare to my laptop...but it's still bright to me...anyway..jason's

cd7300 and sipher cd6ii(cant remember the model)and another one i forget who brought it there...they all

sound bright to me...but bright in different level...some is warmer..some is brighter..i tried jason's

cd7300 pair with meta and his clone Meta...for the real meta..it sound warmer than plugin my hd 202

directly to the CD player...and with the meat it's less boomy...soundstage is ok...sufficient enough for

a closed cans for my hd 202 price..with jason's clone Meta...it sounds brighter than the cdp..although

the bass is a bit more controlled and less boomy...

on the other hand...when i borrow Mackie's x-cans to the outside for audition using mat's Sony D777 as a

source...it's warmer than meta and Rameish rs-1 and also sipher's penguin cmoy. N@Z also try it and agree

that he find that sipher's cmoy is bright compare to x-cans. Generally i would say that after u listened

to x-can...those DIY amps would sound bright to u...maybe work for me and some other SGH members?because

some of them said that x-can is sh*t and anyway just a tube buffered opamp...well...anything....i dun

mind what they told me...but maybe i'm new in headfi...so my judgement should not be taken too seriously?

Anyway...what i feel is...a cdp which is not properly amp would not be my favourite...

but i found that tee's setup sounds warmer and less boomy,i mean how my cans sound...but i think

soundstage is not so wide already?this is what i notice...maybe i should listen to it longer...(maybe 30

minutes?tongue.gif)but i dun want to have a long queue there...

i like mat's Sony D777 pcdp much...pretty nice for a pcdp man...

for the other setups..i only have a very brief listen to them...so....no comment tongue.gif

for this meet...i know how each other looks like now..and gain some new listening experience...but learn

some more thingy and knowledge from senior SGH members smile.gif also have some experience sharing sessions wink.gif

anyway....it's a nice meet...mat is really a nice ppl man...cute too tongue.gif

N@Z is more serious but very friendly wink.gif

Mackie's looks serious and cool there tongue.gif

Blues...quite quiet and dun speak much...doesn't looks like that Blues in SGH sleep.gif

Jason is tall and strong...

firefox...really a DIYer...do it on the spot somemore..but not making a new amp there la...next

time..perhaps..ehem...

tee..rich sial...lol...and...refer to sgh lounge..

rameish...hm..not talking much to him...no comment..but friendly looking la..hehe

so many of them..dun want to describe so much and waste the webspace of SGH man tongue.gif

anyway...gain something from this meet wink.gif looking forward for the next meet yes.gif