Is Denon D2000 good? Tried the demo set at Farle (Funan) and I found the HD600 impresses me more. D2000 doesn't do any wrong but it just doesn't blow me away.

This whole concept of burning in is one reason why I'm convincing myself not to buy/sell so quickly. Lol.

it is that good with most genres and it's not finicky about amping. my HD600 is better for classical & jazz though but the Senn needs some nice amp to maximise potential.

Maybe I'll give the D2000 another shot after all. But I still like the fullness of the HD600.

yeah listen out for that Denon midbass punch, it's unforgettable. the bass detail is amazing. if u listening to rock, hip-hop & dance, there's no better pair of cans.

Some update after few hundred hours of burn in and the return of my AKG K701.

Theres certainly noticeable improvement in terms of soundstage and decay. Music sound smoother now me now with improvement of soundstage towards DT880 type: wide but still in the music.

When compared with with the K701, I noticed due to my setup probably, the K701 is actually warmer then the HD600. Also the biggest difference I notice was how vocals are placed. HD600 give the in the music with instruments and singer all together. K701 on the other hand enhances the vocals while making the the instruments fill the background. To put it visually,HD600 is like viewing a concert from the front while K701 brings the singer upfront to you with the band behind. Was hearing some songs in the Blues genra and k701 simply blows the HD600 away withs its enhanced vocals and all round background music.

But now we switch to rock/pop music by My Chemical Romance, the HD600 with its more impactful base and more all together infront type of presentation of music, makes the music sound alot more powerful compared to K701 and really brings in the mood of the song.

That said, with 3 headphones of the same price range, which is better with burn in and all. I feel that each of them serves different purpose. DT880 is more for music demanding the airy soundstage as it really has the widest of the 3. K701 is for those with vocals as the center piece and music as a background. HD600 simply shines in anything that needs bass and a band like type of presentation. For now im enjoying my chemical romance: The Black Parade album ^^

After testing some other songs, the K701 is truly more detailed and really lack alot more bass compared HD600 side by side

Edited by tassardar_

K701 had a dead left side. According to technician is the wire broke due to the way i took off my headphones. I use 1 hand to remove my headphones and this resulted to wire breaking off from the driver. Kind aweird such a problem happens on such a expensive headphone twice -.-

i'm not surprised that happened. I recently opened my K701 (thinking of doing a diy recable at some point :)) ), and it uses some very high gauge wires which aren't exactly the hardiest.

After the repair the sound is still good though which is what that is important^^ What i fear is only it snaps the third time. warranty ending really soon for my set

i'm more in pop|classical(sometime) :)

Not sure about pop on K701 but classical like Nigel Kennedy's four seasons was almost magical the first time I heard it on a burned-in K701, almost like being immersed into the live performance.