Sign in to follow this  
blacklistor

UE SP5 versus TP 10 versus audio technica ESW9

Two weeks ago I was also considering between the TP10 and SE530 and end up buying the TP10.I spent some time listening to both the earphones,and like the sound of the TP10 more.

I briefly owned SE530 and sold them to get TF10. There are 2 main reasons why I sold them. One of them is sound. The sound was like okish to me with good mids, quantity bass but lacking in treble. Second one is fit and cables. Many people claimed that they attained good fit with these IEMs and they are one of the most comfortable out there. But strangely for me, small size plugs fitted well but i didn't feel very comfortable to shove them all the way down the ear canal to get better seal and fit. Olives were great but sound quality suffers a bit. I also didn't like the bulgy mini plug which requires extension cable to connect to the player unless you can have your source very close to your ears.

TF10s are good in bass but mid range suffers a bit. Treble to me is like not controlled and just presented whatever was present in the source. So if you have mp3s not properly ripped (some rip by enhancing certain frequencies), chances are that you might encounter some unpleasant treble which eventually fatigue your ears. I have paired them with my ipod amped by govibe petite. I adjusted mids a bit to suite my taste.

Hi, noob here.

Sorry for interrupting the thread, but since we are at the topic,

I am contemplating between the UE5 and 10.

To me, the 10 sounds out of this world, I can really hear every little detail and the positioning of instruments without having to strain my ears, but I find the vocals sound a bit thin compared to the 5 and Shure SE110/210 and the 10 sound abit too sharp at times.

I am using Sansa Fuze which does not have Line out, do you think an amp would help in making the mids sound fatter and rounding down the sharpness without compromising on the other qualities?

Vice versa, if I get the 5, do you think an amp will make the sound cleaner? Honestly, I only got the budget for the 5 now, if I get the 10, I really need to squeeze my budget and sell my kidney for it.

Pardon me for the wrong use of words to describe the sound.