mooo000

Do i need an amp?

i have a creative zen vision:m

and earphones is only a cheapo sony ex082 :blush:

heard that amps make music sound nicer... but not sure, if it will work in my situation.. considering my earphone is so lousy....

Pls help me recommend some amps...budget less than $200 (if it will really help to improvethe music quality in my case)

btw do i/c make a diff to the quality of the music. :unsure:

*was intending to get teh Ibasso T2 since there is an offer now, but unsure if it will work for me... haha =)

Edited by mooo000

go to the seller shop (jaben or stereo) and test it out yourself using your own player and earphone...or you can try theirs but have to warn you...you may spend more than $200 at the end :grin:

Personally I started diy small amps recently and music using amp sounds "nicer" and "louder" to me but it depends whether you can hear the difference or not.

I/C make a different, whether is clearer or not. got sliver and copper one.

hmmm, From what yu said, i doubt you need an amp for your player lei. Is strong enough to drive it le.

Well, if you want, you can get one lor, T2 can be a choice, try read out T2 before you buy, I mean try out at SE.

heard that amps make music sound nicer... but not sure, if it will work in my situation.. considering my earphone is so lousy....

Pls help me recommend some amps...budget less than $200 (if it will really help to improvethe music quality in my case)

*was intending to get teh Ibasso T2 since there is an offer now, but unsure if it will work for me... haha =)

Zen vision m is one of those nice players with a line out like ipod which is most ideal for a portable amp, but you need to hook it up thru the line out (the bottom of the zen vision m), we have those cables you can try with the iBasso T2 if you're interested.

Like some mentioned, its important to try first and if the difference is not great enough for you to fork out extra cash or an extra device out, then you should seriously consider upgrading your sony earphone.

I/C make a different, whether is clearer or not. got sliver and copper one.

hmmm, From what yu said, i doubt you need an amp for your player lei. Is strong enough to drive it le.

Well, if you want, you can get one lor, T2 can be a choice, try read out T2 before you buy, I mean try out at SE.

Most players out there have enough power to drive earphones like Sony to a "pass-able" standard, in cases like ipod and Creative zen vision m/w, making use of the line out to connect an amplifier greatly improves the audio performance provided the external amplifier is better (yes, there are worse sounding portable amps out there that degrades the sound... :doh: )

Once you have decided on the amp, an i/c (interconnect or cable or wire) is the next important factor since its the only connection between the amp and the player, this "link" will further perfect (or degrade) the entire rig.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Guest dragonboy

T2 is one of the slimmest portable amp u can find in the market. It also comes with a bass increase. But I'll recommend thd P2 for an all rounder amp. Well-built, better shielding, 3 gain control + 3 bass control.

I'd recommend that you upgrade your earphones first. For $200, you can get a very decent IEM which provides good SQ out of your zen vision without the need for an amp. Amping a mediocre pair of earphones will not yield significant sonic improvements, and the effect of the IC (at this level of equipment) would be even more subtle. YMMV.

seems like i should upgrade my earphones first, :cans:

but is there any good earphones around that is below 100, and will benefit from the use of amps? :DD

I think you are better off by spending all $200 to a better iem instead of separate it for earphone and amp. I think the sound quality of $100 earphone and $100 amp may not equal to a $200 earphone/iem. Just my $0.02.

get a Ultimate Ears SUPERFI. 5 PRO..trust me it's darn good. good sound quality. good seal. im using vision M too. tog with these IEMs, im like in heaven! it's 300++. a bit off from ur budget. but trust me, u will be thankful for making this decision. comes with 2 yr warranty! u can try it at jaben (aldephi building) or stereo (causeway pt) for free! try it first! make believe it's darn good! b4 u purchase it!

get a Ultimate Ears SUPERFI. 5 PRO..trust me it's darn good. good sound quality. good seal. im using vision M too. tog with these IEMs, im like in heaven! it's 300++. a bit off from ur budget. but trust me, u will be thankful for making this decision. comes with 2 yr warranty! u can try it at jaben (aldephi building) or stereo (causeway pt) for free! try it first! make believe it's darn good! b4 u purchase it!

you forgot to tell him to swap to ES2 cables .. the improvement is remarkable ! :P

Jaben does that .. remember to ask them to trim the pins

Edited by ZhiX

If you've budget constraints, try hitting the classifieds. Used sf5p go for cheap around here.

nofing hit the nail on the head, someone is selling SF5 with ES Cables at Jaben forums