alvin1118

WTS: AMB Lab Mini3

Dear all Headiophile,

AMB Lab Mini3, an excellent portable headphone amp designed by TiKan, AMB Lab.

Be impressed, by this compact, yet powerful headphone amp. Most users satisfied and agreed, AMB Mini3 indeed out perform most of the portable amps at this price range, if not, 2~3x more! Check it out!

headfi Mini3 Review from Head-Fi

The Mini3 is a DIY amp, although it can be purchased complete from a number of sources. Vlad loaned me his completed Mini3 to review. His was nicely built into a small metal Hammond case. There were no features other than a batter charging circuit.

Build Quality: n/a: this will simply depend on how the amp’s builder decides to build it.

Treble: A-: Nice and smooth, and fairly neutral and transparent. Perhaps a bit soft, and lacking the very last bit of top end extension. Still very nice.

Midrange: A: Impressive performance in the mids. Open, inviting, and smooth. I was impressed. Female vocals like Kathleen Edwards and Goldfrapp were very well served by the Mini3’s midrange performance.

Bass: A-: Plenty of bass, but it was a little loose at times. Some of the better amps offer better bass control, and a little more definition. Still, this is only in comparison to the very best.

Neutrality: A-: It’s just a touch warm and rolled off on top from neutral. But it sure sounds pretty!

Soundstaging: B+: Soundstage depth was excellent. Image specificity was very good. Width was just good – soundstage width was not delivered in full measure by the Mini3.

Transparency: A-: Definitely an open, clear, generally clean, grain-free sound. Not the LAST word in resolution, but still very good.

Local User Review by Cygig

AMB Mini3 Assembled set:

IPB Image

IPB Image

*As requested by most users, AMB Mini3 now come with premium 9v 280mAh rechargeable battery! Double up your excitement!

IPB Image

Price - AMB Mini3 Assembled Set: S$170

• AMB Mini3 assembled w/ premium components
  • Custom made casing w/ face plates
  • Wall wart Charger
  • 9v, 280mAh Rechargeable Battery (Upgraded)

Price - AMB Mini3 DIY Kit Set: S$140

• AMB Mini3 PCB w/ premium components
  • Custom made casing w/ face plates
  • Wall wart Charger
  • 9v, 280mAh Rechargeable Battery (Upgraded)

Need of interconnect bundle? We have it!

• Ipod Line Out Dock Cable (Add S$65)(Picture for illustration purpose only, actual product may varies)
  • IPB Image
  • Mini to Mini I/C (Add S$30)(Picture for illustration purpose only, actual product may varies)
  • IPB Image

Note:

(1) Location: AMK or via Singpost (Add $2 for normal mail / $5 for registered mail)

(2) International buyers are welcome, please email me to work out details

Sincerely,

Alvin Chee

Tel: +65 9768 4662

MSN/Email: Alvin1118@hotmail.com

Edited by alvin1118

Quote from local user:

Yeah. Think I won't mod mine since I'm very happy with mine. (both of them!)

The SQ of the Mini3 is almost comparable to the Hornet, especially after 30 hours burn in time.

:dance: