Sign in to follow this  
rko

Problem with online store

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone had ordered any stuffs before fom Audiocubes?

Had recently ordered a pair of cans from them as they seems reputable. A couple of days later, i received a mail saying i need to send an image of my I.C and Credit card(i can block out certain information leaving the only last 4 digits so my information will not be disclosed). Thinking that this might be a scam or something, i gave no attention to it. I contemplated sending info out via e-mail, we know how unsecure e-mail is.

When the cans never arrived, i thought the transaction failed and ordered cancelled -- my fault that i dint make sure. But when i received my credit card statement for the month, i noticed the transaction had gone through. I checked with my banker and he confiirmed the transaction cleared and payment done. However, my status is still under "need verification before shipping" while i logged into my account on Audiocube. After a few correspondances with the sales rep via email, i learnt that they need verfication cause "Singapore is a high fraud country".

I find this rather unacceptable. Payment done and u should send out the goods. I would have understand if the billing address and shipping address is different, but they are the same this time.

I am now thinking if i should cancel the order( they agree to this if i insist not sending the image)

You're not using paypal?

To me, their request for image is reasonable. In fact this was how online transactions were done before ebay and paypal. Come to think of it, when I first started using paypal, my e-mail address which was already very unique was similar to one of their member's user name. I was asked to send image of IC as well. The deal didnt succeed and the seller refunded my money.

I have bought from audiocubes before but that was more than 2 years ago. I used paypal so that was a lot easier.

However, I had also purchased from other online shops, when only credit card payment option available, they had never request me to fax over my IC or credit card info to them.

If I were you I would cancel the order, and not sending my IC or credit card info to them. The reputation of audiocubes has gone down, and I'd read some "unpleasant" stories with them. You might want to ask over at head-fi, for more response and shopping experience with audiocubes.

I encountered this before for overseas purchase with VISA payment. Some of them just need further verifications for overseas buyer using VISA. A PDF or jpg copy of your identification is alright. Afterall u want to get the goods right? You have already given them your VISA. They cannot deduct your money based on IC or personal identification.

It makes sense to me if they cant get the payment cause the bank requires an image verfication. But they were already duly paid(my banker confirmed this) and refused to ship the goods. Or if the billing and shipping address is different( i could have use your credit card to pay and had the goods send to my place), i could have understand for the extra precaution.

The irony of it was they wanted an image to prevent fraud, but image sent via email? Although they only need the last 4 no. to be shown, i still dont like the idea especially they wanted both the front and rear side of the credit card. You guys probably knows what's on the rear side of the credit card.

To be frank, i'm not too upset about the sending of the image. Rather its that they took the money and not shipped the stuffs out. Cant blame them fully though, its my own fault i dint check my account earlier.

Anywayz, i cancelled my order and found the phones i wanted right here in Singapore, albeit second hand.