borez

Great Service at Stereo today

well, maybe the staff is a new gun?

Guys, if you may indulge me, I would like to give things a little perspective.

Let me start by saying I'm not trying to start a flame war and I have always had excellent service at Stereo (perhaps I always knew what I wanted before I went...=)).

Having inexperienced employees do not help a retailer. Having an employee who does not know his products does not help the retailer. Whether an employee is new or not, he/she should at the very least know the products that are being sold and if there is a product that is not being sold, offer an alternative. If the employee is not sure what the customer is asking, a polite let me check and get back to you in a minute would suffice. A simple check with the seniors/boss would solve the problem for the customer.

Obviously given the vast number of audio products, nobody expects a sales person to know everything. But IMHO, the minimum knowledge of what the retailer is offering is required. If not, the retailer might as well ask student volunteers to help out and reduce its cost.

I am not trying to educate anyone on how to run a business, but I know that every retailer can ill afford to lose any customer in these tough economic times. And the act of a "new" employee may do just that. By the time the "new" becomes "old", can you imagine how many customers the retailer would have lost?

Granted that there are limited choices now in Singapore on portable audio products but poor customer service or product knowledge is not something we should condone as a customer.

My two cents.

Guys, if you may indulge me, I would like to give things a little perspective.

Let me start by saying I'm not trying to start a flame war and I have always had excellent service at Stereo (perhaps I always knew what I wanted before I went...=)).

Having inexperienced employees do not help a retailer. Having an employee who does not know his products does not help the retailer. Whether an employee is new or not, he/she should at the very least know the products that are being sold and if there is a product that is not being sold, offer an alternative. If the employee is not sure what the customer is asking, a polite let me check and get back to you in a minute would suffice. A simple check with the seniors/boss would solve the problem for the customer.

Obviously given the vast number of audio products, nobody expects a sales person to know everything. But IMHO, the minimum knowledge of what the retailer is offering is required. If not, the retailer might as well ask student volunteers to help out and reduce its cost.

I am not trying to educate anyone on how to run a business, but I know that every retailer can ill afford to lose any customer in these tough economic times. And the act of a "new" employee may do just that. By the time the "new" becomes "old", can you imagine how many customers the retailer would have lost?

Granted that there are limited choices now in Singapore on portable audio products but poor customer service or product knowledge is not something we should condone as a customer.

My two cents.

Appreciate the good advice, will definitely brief my staffs on this issue. :thumbup:

Made a first trip to the PS outlet last week, and contrary to what alot experienced, I wasn't impressed by their service.

Went in to take a look at nuforce icon mobile (that is on their website) and ibasso t4 for use with iphone.

While browsing through the display racks, a chap came up to ask if he could help (nice service I was thinking), and told him of my intentions.

To my surprise, he gave me a blur look when he heard the icon mobile, saying that they dun have and even doubted the existence of the product. When I further mentioned that it was on their website, he gave me this incredulous look and say that I must be mistaken.

Nevermind fine, since I had previously tried the nuforce at Audioiconic, I'll just try the ibasso T4 and make a comparison from memory. After a quick setup, he left me to my own devices, which I thought was cool, some freedom to test songs.

When i pressed play on the phone, big mistake, should have checked the volume control beforehand. It was on at max. After some struggling and asking how to lower the volume, he non-chalantly came over and adjusted the dial. Felt that having served customers daily, he would at least be experienced to have lowered the volume to an minimal/acceptable level first, and let customers adjust to their comfortable listening leve. But oh well, maybe honest mistake?

During the auditioning, the T4 appears to be very susceptible to RFI, getting static chatter frequently. When queried, all he offered was "all portable amps are like that one". Duh. No alternative, no recommendation, no nothing. Just brushed off.

When over and asked if I liked it, I told him I preferred the nuforce. At least there was no RFI. He still gave me that incredulous look of "got such product meh".

And that's that. No otherwise attempt for alternatives, no nothing. Took another browse at the racks and left. Maybe my expectations were too high after reading all the good comments on Stereo, but this experienced really left much to be desired to me.

If I may, I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff/s who served you when you were here. Although we have yet to stock the Nuforce headamp in our Plaza Singapura outlet, there is still no excuse for them not to check before brushing you off and later blasting music in your ears. :doh: Pai seh pai seh... :P

Aron@PS Stereo

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

My experience when trying to get the silclear was that one staff couldn't understand what I was talking about, but she referred me to another who did (I probably mangled the pronunciation too)... I guess that might be the way to do it, checking with staff who are more familiar just in case there are gaps in your knowledge.

Guest dragonboy

Well... I guess everyone is new & inexperience before they are pro. Let's just give that guy a chance :innocent: .... If you feel that he's not experienced enough to help you, I'm sure there are other staff there more than willing to assist you. So far my shopping experience there had been more than wonderful... in fact too good that I had to totally avoid going there to save my wallet. :moneyflies:

I have no doubt Aron will try his best to improve the situation. It always a problem when you have a new staff and you are selling niche product. IMO, it better than shops where the people think they are pros and insist/think they know it all and unwilling to learn or exchange opinions from customers unless you show a impressive rig.

i bought a earphone from dere at the PS outlet few days ago and i think tat their service were great :rclxms:

the guy who served me helped me in every possible needs and he do things so smoothly :thumbup: i asked his named but i dun prefer to say it here for his sake.

Will recommend my frens to go dere :))

i bought a earphone from dere at the PS outlet few days ago and i think tat their service were great :rclxms:

the guy who served me helped me in every possible needs and he do things so smoothly :thumbup: i asked his named but i dun prefer to say it here for his sake.

Will recommend my frens to go dere :))

i'm very curious to know his name, may i know his name? a private msg will do :)

I have visited Stereo many times for the past few years, and I must say that their service is almost uniformly excellent, especially the PS branch. I went down there a few times to try out the K702 and the Koss ESP950 (thanks Aron!), but didn't buy anything. No problem there.

It's a rare thing these days, the politeness, professionalism and no-pressure service of the Stereo staff.

At the low end shops you have your chow ah bengs and at the high end shops you have your dog-eyes-see-people-down. I almost feel bad that I didn't get anything from them for the past year liao, after my UM2 :P

Edited by artemov

Thought some of the new stuffs at Stereo lack experience, at least they're sincere and willing to help. I believe they do deserve a second chance. :yes:

Can't say much about Jaben's staffs especially those senior staffs which is either smart alex or pain in the ass. :bash: Encountered too many bad experience(I've bunch of witnesses!). The best part is, they ignore their mistakes and no apology at all (unlike Aron who is a real gentleman, apologized on behalf of his staff even it not his fault)! But to be fair, they do have one or two nice young chap. So it like jackpot, depending on your luck and who's serving you. :smoke:

Edited by ical

Went down to causeway point yest (well, since I didn't have a good experience at plaza sg, why not try the other) asking about Alessandro headphones.

First chap had no idea what I was talking about, but at least he went to ask another fella. The other fella came and told me they didn't carry Alessandro anymore. However he offered me another Grado in the range to try (definitely an improvement).

Requested to borrow a LOD and amp, and the guy nodded, but strangely enough after taking out the headphones just directed me to the side test area and connected up to the setup there (duh) and left me to my own devices (good). Eventually just connected up to the headphone jack of my device, not the most ideal, but oh well.

Told the chap after some listening that I preferred the Alessandro variant, and he asked if I owned any grado earphones yet. Told him I did and he showed me the jmoney headbands available (nice).

Overall a better exp than at Plaza Sg. Would have preferred though if Stereo have kept their website updated so that one does not make a trip there to find a product listed in their website as being non-existent and no longer carried there.

Would have preferred though if Stereo have kept their website updated so that one does not make a trip there to find a product listed in their website as being non-existent and no longer carried there.

You can also give them a call before you head down.

I normally just send Aron a pm and ask for the price as well.

So it like jackpot, depending on your luck and who's serving you. :smoke:

But the chance of winning is much higher at Stereo :P

In some shops at SLS or Adelphi, the chance is practically nil! :D