borez

Great Service at Stereo today

Any vote for the great service at Stereo!

Bought my earphone there and was quite "lucky" to get a lemon set. Went back and Aron changed to a new set for me without any question asked or any testing.

Thanks!

yeah would like to say a big Thank You too to the staff at both branches, always patient to provide info for a relatively-new audio-goer like me...

keep up the good work :)

yeah would like to say a big Thank You too to the staff at both branches, always patient to provide info for a relatively-new audio-goer like me...

keep up the good work :)

hello there! :D

Great service at Stereo@PS yesterday too! Somemore got free salesman help promote the auditor. :D

hahaha. was great meeting you again.

:bash: The salesman trying to poison you? :grin:

he came to buy things :(

Hey guys, my first post here. :))

Anyways, went down to the new shop at PS a couple weeks ago with my cousin to test out IEMs, after testing a few, he settled on the UM1. Even i too managed to audition a couple of headphones such as the SRH840 and the SA 3000. I have to commend that it was really really good service and the place itself looks great! Although I didn't manage to get the name of the staff who helped us, he was great to talk to and was very polite. Keep up the good work and will be dropping by soon to get another set of cans :thumbup:

Happen to drop by their new branch at Plaza Sing. Very conceptual design on the retail front, very upmarket on the product range!

The only thing which I don't feel comfortable is the staffs rather too pushy (I not ready to buy anything yet, I don't usually try them) just my personal thinking!

Was checking on the price for the Maverick D1, there goes the cassette tape playback from one of the staff which personally don't like that as a sales person should observe the customer's age group, conversation, etc & listen thoroughly before putting across your stories/opinions.

It's good that the staffs are very familiar with the products, but somehow just let the customer decide & complete their sentence.

Quoting the dialog in whcih I'd with this particular staff (never ask his name);

"How much are your selling the Maverick D1?" (myself)

"The Maverick D1 is selling $ 319.00 but no stock now, have to reserve!" staff

"Wow, so hot cake!" myself

"What cans are you using?" staff

"I 'd the HD-600 for around 10 yrs" myself

"This D1 is very good, has got tube & many inputs, can be used as DAC / Pre-Amp too" staff

"I've got my Parasound DAC / Pre-Amp already more than 10 yrs " myself

"I've also got the X-Cans more than 6 yrs" myself

Service is good but selling the idea just have to ask further details from the customer before you act upon your salesman talk.

Normally guys will also search here & there for more information before you actually make your audition & purchases, right?

On a personal note I do agree they have great service! Everytime I'm there I'm greeted by friendly staff and I think by now they know my face as the guy with the half empty reshelled um1s! :)

Happen to drop by their new branch at Plaza Sing. Very conceptual design on the retail front, very upmarket on the product range!

The only thing which I don't feel comfortable is the staffs rather too pushy (I not ready to buy anything yet, I don't usually try them) just my personal thinking!

Was checking on the price for the Maverick D1, there goes the cassette tape playback from one of the staff which personally don't like that as a sales person should observe the customer's age group, conversation, etc & listen thoroughly before putting across your stories/opinions.

It's good that the staffs are very familiar with the products, but somehow just let the customer decide & complete their sentence.

Quoting the dialog in whcih I'd with this particular staff (never ask his name);

"How much are your selling the Maverick D1?" (myself)

"The Maverick D1 is selling $ 319.00 but no stock now, have to reserve!" staff

"Wow, so hot cake!" myself

"What cans are you using?" staff

"I 'd the HD-600 for around 10 yrs" myself

"This D1 is very good, has got tube & many inputs, can be used as DAC / Pre-Amp too" staff

"I've got my Parasound DAC / Pre-Amp already more than 10 yrs " myself

"I've also got the X-Cans more than 6 yrs" myself

Service is good but selling the idea just have to ask further details from the customer before you act upon your salesman talk.

Normally guys will also search here & there for more information before you actually make your audition & purchases, right?

Appreciate your feedback and we will try to improve our service standards to serves you and everyone better.

Having said that, please let me comment a bit too. :D

Knowing that you have a 10 yrs old Parasound pre-amp, power and dac wouldn't really quite help IMHO since we or anyone around wouldn't know how the Maverick would sound compared to the Parasound (more of a speaker setup) other than the fact that it cost more than the Maverick. Even the fact that you have a 6 yrs old X-can (version 2?) would still be quite a guessing game and the only way to really know "roughly" the value and performance of the Maverick is to loan a HD600 from us and try a couple of tracks on our CD player.

Maybe I too wrong on this but I think hifi regardless of headphones or speakers should be more testing and testing and testing with a bit of asking and advice if required. It's like reading a lot into reviews and specs when testing them since you are here seems to be the right thing to do, and best of all, I think it saves more time for everyone and make the purchase/audition more enjoyable.

On a personal note I do agree they have great service! Everytime I'm there I'm greeted by friendly staff and I think by now they know my face as the guy with the half empty reshelled um1s! :)

Your face look like a "half empty reshelled UM1"???! :shocking: If I see one one day at my store, I will know it's time I need to take a break.... :doctor:

Edited by Stereo_Electronics