razer

Anyone getting bored of this headphone obsession?

:D Lol This hobby(that includes buying cd's weekly) + Photography + RC Flying + Gaming(xbox360 + Computer)...... my pocket burn until no more liao :cry:

I find I move around my interests jumps here and there so maybe 1 month im not interested and another month i come back again :)

Edited by BlackCatz

:D Lol This hobby(that includes buying cd's weekly) + Photography + RC Flying + Gaming(xbox360 + Computer)...... my pocket burn until no more liao :cry:

I find I move around my interests jumps here and there so maybe 1 month im not interested and another month i come back again :)

Do you folks see any further developments to this headphone obsession?

How about customising headphones to individual needs:-

....like stereoscopic earphones leading to a mp3 device for doctors. Hope the doctor dont mistaken the music for the heartbeats!

....like soundsurround headphones with front n rear statelite units orbiting around your head!

....like a 3-piece headphones for the pole-dancers!

....like an attenna-bearing headphone for connectivity with another commuter with similar gear!

....like a paper headphone wrapped round your ears while you RIP...the final obsession..hahaha!

....like.....like...the list can go on!

:))

Wow, seem like many have already quit headfi. I left the headphone scene more than a year ago for various reasons.

1. I thought I have spent an excessive sum of $ on headphone stuff that cannot justify the costs.

2. It is a selfish hobby where only one gets to enjoy it at any one time.

3. I spend more time tweaking/changing stuff than listening to music.

4. The flavour of the month frenzy that sings praise of one component, only to be condemned in 30 days' time.

Moved to photography and never looked back. I'm still into audio DIY though, but only to fulfill my wish of DIYing an entire system, just for the joy of it. The material costs aren't high either, as long as you know where to find them.

The only headfi gear I left with is an ipod nano -> iBasso D2 Viper -> UM2.

actually i think i have spent more on photography than on headphones but i felt that spending on photog was more justifable a cost :P

and point number 4 -> i agree

4. The flavour of the month frenzy that sings praise of one component, only to be condemned in 30 days' time.

the industry depends on point #4. word of mouth marketing bull.

in support of the famous saying "IT'S EASY TO MAKE A FOOL & HIS MONEY PART WAYS"

Nowadays I use my handphone and the earphone that came with it.

Too troublesome to bring the DAP,amp and iem out with me.

Use my laptop speaker for music and movies at home.

And my headphone ish used at night only.(Purpose:Not to disturb others)

"IT'S EASY TO MAKE A FOOL & HIS MONEY PART WAYS"

Don't lah, why rub it in? Already sad am poor and then you call me fool some more.... :bash:

:lol:

actually i think i have spent more on photography than on headphones but i felt that spending on photog was more justifable a cost :P

and point number 4 -> i agree

Exactly! I had spent so much more on photography but the cost is justifiable. At least no one will disagree that the 85mm f1.4 has very nice bokeh, even after 30 days.

Edited by Northern Oak

The thing about audio is that u bascially do nothing much, just spend money.

Not much skill is needed, no practice needed, just pure enjoyment.

And it can be enjoyed 90% of the time. No preperation needed, no need check weather, no need find khaki, no need care what others think.

Edited by rko

nowadays i just live with the denon amp and speakers combi, tuning to radio most of the time with occasional blasting of my own music.

sometimes just live within your means and as they say, ignorance is bliss.

Edited by Blues

Don't lah, why rub it in? Already sad am poor and then you call me fool some more.... :bash:

:lol:

no lah not aiming at you. more like a generalization. all of us at some point kena con before!

no lah not aiming at you. more like a generalization. all of us at some point kena con before!

Sorry bro, was joking only. No worries. I agree with your views.

Sorry bro, was joking only. No worries. I agree with your views.

lol dude. iyho, which headfi product is the most overrated?

lol dude. iyho, which headfi product is the most overrated?

Not a product but a category of products. I am personally appalled by the cost of interconnects and the hype about them.

Seriously, this audio hobby is an overrated one. One has to spend so much to get back so little due to laws of diminishing returns. People who claim that spending 10 grands on certain equipments is a justifiable act are simply nuts because they have a very high expectation of things and in thier mind, its screwed in deeply and instilled upon them that any increase in audio enjoyment or by the slightest percentage equates to a whole new different level of audio bliss. They get overly excited by that slightest increment because most of them are in some ways perfectionist and want the best out of their system. To them, probably even 50 grand would be justifiable even if it means squeezing that extra 0.01% of deeper bass and wider soundstage out of their system. I may be wrong but that's how i view it after venturing into this hobby. I had to admit that at the later stage of the hobby, I was more interested in collecting cans than actually listening to them and honestly speaking, at both headphone meets, neither the L3000 through the yamamotos or say the edition 9's through some amazing 10k CD player actually impressed me alot. They just sounded really nice and neat but nothing amazing. Its just, hmmm, ok, well, that's it? You mean I have to spend another 3 to 4k to have something that sounds just like that? That's it? So yeah, its really a sit there idle, spend money hobby. Not much skills involved.

Ahem! People who had OOB (out-of-body experience) reported hearing 'heavenly music'. So looks like what we are seeking is a part-of-heaven experience in the wrong place called earth. Hahaha! No wonder all the world is caught up with music!

Anyone want to top up the list, "You Know You Are Obsessed When..." -

...you stood stripped naked with only the headphones on while the official receiver was moving all your belongings out....

...you woke up with an ear-ache and a twisted pair of cans...

...?