razer

Anyone getting bored of this headphone obsession?

Bored! Not really as time goes by, different things happen & thus changes your requirement!

Headphone listening had been my usual since cassette walkman days!

During those days, having a cassette player is like having aniPod these days!

During those days, things are relatively expensive, so headphones can only afford budget types!

But currently, have not been upgrading substantially, mainly just increasing the CD library.

Sometimes when you're bored with portable, just switch over to your home system!

When you're bored with the home set, just watch some movies or simply leave them aside till you're in the right frame of mind to make a come back. (that's wat I usually does)

If after all these still bored, go for some holidays, or concerts or even finding friend for gathering!

If headphones/IEm/Music system so easily make people get bored, there must be some problem with those artist, recording studios, manufacturers, etc.

Yes, I 've to agreed that so far in these few forums always happen to see those same few items eg, HD-650, UE TF10, Weststone UM3x, iBasso, Go-Vibe, etc...

Can't be help as that all these items are currently the word of mouth things that had been spreading around in these forums. Unlike in the early days of internet, not so much of influence spreaded around & generally most owners of headphile, audiophile stuffs are mainly middle-age & above.

Time has changed whereby now I would say is the internet age where spending power of these group of people are greater! Thus getting bored with this or that also tends to be greater as there are so many other attractions & distractions going around!

IMO, I still believe that if you like your interest (be which audio or computer or whatever) you will still pursue after the rounds of boredom!

Just like chasing after the latest gaming graphics card, sound cards, etc after a while you 'll also be bored, right?

when ever i need myheadphones now and then , im always glad i bought it so its not such a waste after all. you never know :D

I was obsessed with my speaker system for awhile; trying to tweak it to perfection, but working long irregular hours in a new role at the office meant I couldn't spend much time with them.

Then I thought an office headphone system will solve the problem, so setup a HD800 & WA6 in my room driven by a HRT DAC streamed from my notebook.

However, seems like I rarely finish a single tune before my phone rings or someone comes knocking; forcing me to stop. I slowly lose interest and now both systems are just sitting there...

There only system which I get to listen to regularly seems to be my stock car stereo...sigh

Edited by sonq

I was obsessed with my speaker system for awhile; trying to tweak it to perfection, but working long irregular hours in a new role at the office meant I couldn't spend much time with them.

Then I thought an office headphone system will solve the problem, so setup a HD800 & WA6 in my room driven by a HRT DAC streamed from my notebook.

However, seems like I rarely finish a single tune before my phone rings or someone comes knocking; forcing me to stop. I slowly lose interest and now both systems are just sitting there...

There only system which I get to listen to regularly seems to be my stock car stereo...sigh

I can sympathise with your "condition", wait until you get a family.... :P

Turn off your irritating phone, close your eyes and just enjoy the music, take it from me, phone watching kills even your love life.

He's at work so he has to watch the phone, unless he wants to get an unfriendly letter from his boss.

Well said, thats why I sleep with my headphones on too, lol

I tried that with Bose headphones and they broke into 3 pieces. I guess Bose didn't build them to withstand bed use.

I tried that with Bose headphones and they broke into 3 pieces. I guess Bose didn't build them to withstand bed use.

For sleeping, I use IEMs but then I worry if I can't hear the alarm/s... sorry I am a nervous person. :D

For sleeping, I use IEMs but then I worry if I can't hear the alarm/s... sorry I am a nervous person. :D

I play the music from the laptop while i sleep and use the online alarm clock, called kukuklok. The trick is to lower the volume of your player but put the laptop's volume at max, that will surely wake even the dead, lol

Turn off your irritating phone, close your eyes and just enjoy the music, take it from me, phone watching kills even your love life.

My phone has been programmed not to ring unless a call is transferred to me...you think think I have a choice if I were to keep my job? :no: