razer

Anyone getting bored of this headphone obsession?

I know what you mean.

I listen mainly to acoustic jazz, chamber and vocals, so reproducing the mid range realistically is most important for me; hence my choice of Harbeth speakers. Anyway, as you pointed out, the cost of reproducing full range accurately will be insane for most.

Harbeth are really, really good.

Harbeth are really, really good.

Main thing is that they sound good even with good budget amps.

Back to phones, I may experiment with USB cables on my USB Dac and phone cables for fun if I have time during the holiday season...sometimes, the fun is in tinkering around...

listened to the Harbeth at the recent ISSE, well they were the best sounding at the show imho.

Listen more, I'm not even letting one day pass by without music, be it through my 9x2 full range drivers with incorporated subs for precision sub bass or from my headphone collection.

listened to the Harbeth at the recent ISSE, well they were the best sounding at the show imho.

Listen more, I'm not even letting one day pass by without music, be it through my 9x2 full range drivers with incorporated subs for precision sub bass or from my headphone collection.

If there were one loudspeaker I could listen to today it would be the Audience 2+2 that has no crossovers.

No time for boredom here - new items on the way for me are Philips L1, Shure 1840, V-Moda M100, and a review sample of a German Maestro headphone.

No time for boredom here - new items on the way for me are Philips L1, Shure 1840, V-Moda M100, and a review sample of a German Maestro headphone.

Wow, great line up there, so did you manage the Nagra that was on sale?

Wow, great line up there, so did you manage the Nagra that was on sale?

No, and I really would have, but then I added up the costs and gave up. New earpads and headband would be a must, then, I would be looking at a recable. In fact, I still need to recable my DT-48A since the current cable is very cheap electrical wire, and very microphonic too. Since these new 'phones haven't arrived yet I'm still enjoying the PS-500 and DT-48A about equally. That reminds me - tonight I have to do the mass headphone video for Youtube.

No, and I really would have, but then I added up the costs and gave up. New earpads and headband would be a must, then, I would be looking at a recable. In fact, I still need to recable my DT-48A since the current cable is very cheap electrical wire, and very microphonic too. Since these new 'phones haven't arrived yet I'm still enjoying the PS-500 and DT-48A about equally. That reminds me - tonight I have to do the mass headphone video for Youtube.

Post the link here once you're done, too bad about the Nagras, my Nagras sound well extremely good

Edited by Maniacal71

Post the link here once you're done, too bad about the Nagras, my Nagras sound well extremely good

I added it in the reviews section. Hope you like it.

Trying to conotrol the urge to try new phones. May end up wanting to buy new ones. So spending more time and resources on getting and listening new CD instead.

That's a really good idea. The music always comes first, so having a good collection, you appreciate new headphones much more.

hehehe its killing my pocket

been investing lots of money and time on diy stuff and expanding my gears

I sure understand. I was on Facebook tonight and someone mentioned a Objective2 fully assembled headphone amp for $144 USD, so I bought it. Then I was looking for a quality LOD cable and I had a choice for maybe $60 to $100 USD, or the FIIO right-angle LOD for $15. I ordered the FIIO cable. I hope it works. It's crazy when the cable costs as much as the amp.