Sign in to follow this  
mooo000

recommendations to improve bass

just bought a creative T40 from the IT fair. but feel its not bassy enuff, although quality is quite good.

but feel its abit not too bassy to my liking, some ppl say subwoofer improves the bass.

so which good and cheap subwoofer is good for teh speakers, and how to connect?

heee.... look at the back, like no more place for me to connect subwoofer leh. haha :rclxub:

hmmmm, i dun think there is anyway you can better improve it. You can change your computer sound card instead? or buy an amp with a dac out that come with bass control. Can try ibasso series.

What sort of bass do you like? A subwoofer would definitely help if you like bass that you can feel, but there's no subwoofer out from the T40. Have you tried boosting the bass using the front knob? If that's not enough, why not try using a software equaliser as well?

Edited by mimi

yup tried turning the knob, but don feel is enuff for me....

that means left with only amp with DAC to improve the bass ah?

will the amp with DAC improve the bass significantly?

If you're using foobar, may I suggest using the vst wrapper plugin by george yohng, with the vst plugin, electric-q? It has a very clean EQ that you can shape easily and allows for complex settings. I'm sure it'll be more than enough to boost your bass. I'm currently running a low shelf at 60Hz with a boost of 6db at a bandwidth of 1.8, and it really moves air.

I believe the suggestion would help a bit on bass QUALITY and may drive your speakers to give some more juice.

But if its the QUANTITY you really need to buy a SUB. An addition of a sub will change everything including the way your wallet looks at you. =(