voxel

where to buy tapes?

Sorry this is not about headphones smile.gif

There aren't any tapes in most CD shops... Anyone has ever bought tapes here?

Thanks!

I awlays thought Tower & HMV would carry some 'standards' from Maxell, Sony & TDK.

hm... in 2000 I did the same thing as you. I searched almost all music shops. None of them had. But there was this one shop which sells the cassette.. but it's very old collection.

I was looking for like backstreetboys and all in cassette coz at that time I did not have my cd player yet..

And I thought cassette should still be around... considering indonesia and malaysia carries them.. sighz ...

Vox,

Unlikely as Singapore is very "trend" oriented. VHS is almost dead (not too many rental stores left). Its all DVD or VCD - even LDs are old and rare nowadays.

If you have a chance to go to Malaysia, loads of original recorded tapes still being sold. It's still being sold here too. Especially cheap for us to get in Miri & Sabah due to the exchange rate.

Yes it IS trend oriented. I haven't found any old discmans, walkmans or DAT players in Singapore till now. The new models are really poor mad.gif

Malaysia? hmmmm, if there're big cassette shops, I'll consider several visit. BTW, what's the price? tongue.gif Thanks!

malaysia, indonesia and brunie are still not that 'trend' oriented.

They do have the cassetes and vhs still...

I think they are quite cheap.. dirt cheap in comparison to original cds... maybe $5-8?

VHS is harder to find here but in Msia it possible. Cassettes vary in price here but in general that is the price in Msia. So it will be a good idea for you to pop over to Johore to go on a spree there! Beware of imitations but that should not be a problem in the major 'Speedy' shops.

Is the price $5-8 in SG dollars or Msia blush.gif There are old cassettes in "Roxy Records", costs S$5 each. Last Saturday I got 24 cassettes (mainly classical) by Award-Music, Decca and HUGO there.

I'll arrange a visit after my exams in August (still farrrrrrrr from now...). Wish I could also find a cheap SONY portable DAT player there innocent.gif

Have you tried at Adelphi, somewhere at the top floor the 2nds shop. They seem to have a wide variety of old gear there. Might be a good place to just have a look around, never know what you may find.