Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

Soldering guns

Any shop to recommend with a wide range of soldering guns and reasonable price.

Also any recommendations on soldering guns?

I want one that is variable power (at least 2, 1 w/o trigger 1 w/ trigger, or 0W w/o trigger also can)

Used for terminating cables. Hopefully can melt WBT silver solder well enough.

Get those normal Goot brand. Qutie good and can use for a lifetime. Alternatively can buy the Antex brand one. Don;t think there are much use in the trigger, unless you get soldering stations. party.gif

I bo lui, so i use Goot brand. blush.gif Their 25W one with the tip replaced by a finer one has been serving me well. kicking.gif

Got... the trigger is useful when you want to leave it there for a while, and w/o pressing the trigger lower hazards. On off very... jing shen consuming

Anyway guns give a better grip. Where you replace tip?

Somewhere in the forum I've ever seen someone suggesting Goot TQ-70/77 soldering gun. $30 to 40. Know about that? any comment?

That'd me recommending the TQ-70/77. It's 20w or 200w depending on whether the button is depressed. The high-power mode allows for easier terminations on large metal contacts that dissipate/ absorb heat very quickly.

Anyway guns give a better grip. Where you replace tip?

Somewhere in the forum I've ever seen someone suggesting Goot TQ-70/77 soldering gun. $30 to 40. Know about that? any comment?

IIRC adhoc on his DT880 replacment cable thread yes.gif

If you are using it on small components, I recommend the Antex CS18 and a 1105 soldering bit (buy the original). May or may not cost a lot, I got my latest set years ago.

It does not generate too much heat (18W), thus protecting sensitive components.

Cheers

20/200W sounds like better because you can solder sensitive equipment as well as solders which contain lots of silver.

Hmm seems no good shop to recommend? SLS/SLT any?

You can basically get the Goot TQ-70 or TQ-77 from any shop selling soldering irons in SLT. I'll be getting myself a cheap adjustable temp. iron soon though. *grinz*

even silver solder can be easily worked with a 20W iron.

one of the shop uncles told me NOT to use an iron with too high a tip temp (which is typically linked to higher wattages) as it would mean all the protective rosin in the solder (which usually comes to the surface as a protective layer after soldering) would be evaportaed/burned away.

Firefox you want to buy mine? You got PM!

Adjustable temp? Coz I saw a really cheap set at SLT. Might be cheaper to buy from there than to pay shipping from Brunei.. LOL!

Firefox you want to buy mine? You got PM!

Adjustable temp? Coz I saw a really cheap set at SLT. Might be cheaper to buy from there than to pay shipping from Brunei.. LOL!

Ok let me know if you are interested!

I'm coming over in 2 weeks time anyway yes.gif