Sign in to follow this  
ninja

suggestions on big cans below 200

Well the ATH-A500/A700/A900 are all close series headphones. They sound pretty good too. MS1 or should I say all headphones along the grado line are not only open, they leak tons of sound!

Grado. SR60 or SR80. You have to bear with noise getting in from outside, but the results are fantastic. Actually, I find that fact that the caps are porous means that there is ventilation and your ears don't feel horribly hot and wet after awhile.

Edited by kongee

Actually after using quite some headphones, Grado has one of the most engaging sound but totally unusable in high noise environment like mrt lol.

Hey, K530 has a black limited edition ?! Looks good too.

More suited towhich genres?

they have a black? where did u see it?

the 530 is pretty much balanced, so it'll be a jack of all trades.

Yup... open headphones.. but definitely worth the money if you listen to it at home, in your own cosy corner :)

No matter what, DO NOT go for the sennheiser PX200. I thought it's a Senn but the SQ was disappointing.

hey..thanks for all those replies,i did some more research these days and reduced my range of headphones to ad700, ms1, sr80 and juz came across with akg 530. ad700 has a wide soundstage, but relatively less bass, clear midrange and easily driven by a ipod..but not sure about the difference between ms1 and sr80, they look quite similar lol..akg 530 i think have to drive with additional amp, but how isit comapared with ad700?

pretty as a peach. shall we bling on this? very tempted.

apparently on head-fi talk abt the limited edition with velor pad "sounds like crap"......?!

how come the same can have such differing views?

apparently on head-fi talk abt the limited edition with velor pad "sounds like crap"......?!

how come the same can have such differing views?

most of headfi's FOTM or "crap" views MUST be taken with 2 pinches of salt.

the 530 is highly regarded in Japan.

Edited by sghound