Musiclink AV Distribution

100 Beach Road, #02-47

Shaw Tower, Singapore 189702

Tel:62911106

Mon-Sat:12.30-8pm daily

Sun:By Appointment Only

Closed on all holidays

Hi tbln, thanks for the info.

BTW, I was really impressed with what solid state is capable of after listening to your Apache at the last meet. I sold my tube amp and ordered a Pico for office and may get VHP2 with VAC for home. Unlikely to sound anywhere near as good as the Apache but fine with me at a fraction of the price and as long as the sound is musical and engaging. 'll lose the harmonic richness of tubes but the hassle of tube doesn't suit me.

Found a few positive posts and reviews on the VHP2 but nothing beats an actual audition. I've lost count of the no of times I'm all psych up after reading positive posts/reviews and then feel utterly disappointed on the 1st date. Sound quality can be so subjective. Supposed to have some tube-like signature as it is a chip amp but I have reservations.

Had a HA-1A, nice liquid midband with airy spacious sound stage. I don't like the 15-20 min warm up period before they start to sound nice, high background noise compared to SS amp. Also feel the need to wake up to switch the thing off after I dose off. I've rolled a few tubes but if I keep going, the tubes will cost more than the amp.

I have not tried. Not sure if the person who answer the phone make a mistake but she said they only have VHP1.