iisterry

marantz sr5400 "no data"

hi

i'm currently connecting from my pc to marantz sr5400 via optical toslink. it used to work till i shifted some stuffs around and now i receive a "no data" message.

speaker testing from the receiver itself works so i know the speaker connection is working. i know the soundcard is working because i tried it with a headphone direct. the optical cable shows a red light at the other end so i'm assuming data is being transferred.

now the question is.. how come i'm unable to playback any sound? is it a faulty cable or connection input?

help pls.. it's driving me crazy... :rclxub:

Hello,

I just have the same problem as you with marantz sr5200 and optical cable.

Did you find a solution ? Was it a problem of cable ?

Thanks.

PC audio needs a bit of software configuring ..

maybe u didnt set the audio output via toslink /spdif ?

some sound cards need to manually assign their audio outputs either via digital / analog but not both at the same time .

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Actually, i have that problem with connecting my sr5200 with my ps3 or another device.

It was working fine. Then i start to hear some crackling with movie or game in 5.1 with optical input.

(In stereo, it was fine)

Then i manipulate the cable (unplugged it and plugged it), and now i have "no data".

I hope it's a problem of cable and i will try with another one

I am not an expert but do you think that the problem of crackling could come from the optical cable ?

Thanks.