Sign in to follow this  
piguren

Help in getting full-sized headphone for music listening.

I'm looking for a pair of headphones primarily used for listening to music on the computer at the $250SGD or below range.

Right now, I'm eyeing the HD555 Sennheiser, but I've heard that it performs better for movies and average for music.

Can anyone give me any recommendations?

You want a open can or a close can?

For a open one, why not consider MS1? Or hmmmm,

Close can, can consider ES7 from audio techinca.

Hope it help.

Guest dragonboy

More choice for u... ATH-AD700 and the Goldring DR-150 both below $200.

250 probably can get a ATH-A700. I pretty good close headphone. Open wise theres quite some good one like grado, beyers, ATH-AD, Siens HD lower series.

250 probably can get a ATH-A700. I pretty good close headphone. Open wise theres quite some good one like grado, beyers, ATH-AD, Siens HD lower series.

$215 can get the AD-700. for normal home use, go for open cans.

Thanks for the help from everyone!

I busted my budget in the end and got myself a DT880 instead... and happy with it! Value for money imo... Bought it from jaben... uncle wilson was really nice, entertained a newbie like me even though the shop was quite crowded at that time...

My addiction is not satisfied yet though, so I'll probably go back there again soon, maybe for a pair of closed cans next... Haha

Thanks for the help from everyone!

I busted my budget in the end and got myself a DT880 instead... and happy with it! Value for money imo... Bought it from jaben... uncle wilson was really nice, entertained a newbie like me even though the shop was quite crowded at that time...

My addiction is not satisfied yet though, so I'll probably go back there again soon, maybe for a pair of closed cans next... Haha

Congrats! So did you get the DT880 +Crossroads Edge bundle? That's really quite a good buy

Yeah, it was really off-budget... But I had some spare cash in the bank, so i couldn't resist! Haha...

Yup, it was the dt880+crossroads amp bundle. Thought the dt880 alone was $450 at first, from the price guide... But i guess jaben really does sell it cheap...

Actually, they're open cans.

Soundstage wise its pretty wide, but I haven't had the chance to compare with most of the other brands. Bass wise, Sennheiser cans are definitely stronger, but the DT880 has a very clear and crisp bass, which is good for genres like jazz and acoustic music, imo. All in all I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm probably going to get a HD650 next cause I would love a stronger bass. More holes in my pocket haha

I'm probably going to get a HD650 next cause I would love a stronger bass. More holes in my pocket haha

in this case, i'll suggest u save a few bucks and get the Denon D2000, with bass details that'll trounce the senn, and surprisingly wide soundstage for a closed can. try it, i'll bet it'll put a wide smile on yer face.