Sign in to follow this  
Coolben

Newbie! Hello!

Hello :cans:

I just decided to join cos i just got a Audio Technica ANC7 from Comex today, guess tt enables me to join sgheadphones...

Was wandering around stereo like a idiot last few days, cos my earphones were hurting my ears like hell, so i wanted to get a headphone but didn't noe who to approach...

The ppl at the comex audio tech store were quite helpful, they suggested a few cheaper ones like SQ5, but i complained the bass was too soft, ended up going over budget by buying the ANC7...

I'm wondering if my Zen Vision M is capable of powering the ANC7, cos i heard tt the higher the impedance the more batts it uses...

And the ANC7 is like 6-8 times higher than others, worried tt i won't get the best out of it...

I think the Zen Vision M should be capapble of driving the ANC7 but if you're worried, you can always head down to Stereo. Ask them for the dock for the Vision series and an amp (probably the D2 Boa unless you really want to spend, the iQube) to try.

I think the Zen Vision M should be capapble of driving the ANC7 but if you're worried, you can always head down to Stereo. Ask them for the dock for the Vision series and an amp (probably the D2 Boa unless you really want to spend, the iQube) to try.

How much do they cost?

Oh ya, how do amps work anyway?

The Boa I think is about $300, might be less but I'm really not sure. The iQube even worst...I dared not even ask but I again think is around the $800 - $900 region. Best is if you call up SE to ask.

Amplifiers like do what their name suggests, they amplify the signal coming from your player. Because of the different chips and circuitry used in different amplifers, you can in a way enhance the music by boosting certain frequencies like bass or treble. But as with all things audio, one man's meat is another man's poison. You'll really need to go down to the shops like Stereo or Jaben to listen and decide for yourself.

One thing is that jaben doesn't have any creative docks for testing so you're a bit restricted to Stereo for now till you buy one. While you can connect an amplifier through the headphone out, its not really recommended as you'll be amplifing an already amplified signal.

Lol, i sense tt i'm getting myself into a seriously expensive hobby here... :doh:

I'll go to stereo to try the amps soon...

Does connecting to the audio out affect the sound quality?

I kinda lost my creative adapter dock, using a standing one now, super non-portable.

Oh, heres my comments on the ANC7.

After using it outside for today.

The noise canceling works okay, doesn't exactly cancel all noise :D

But i don't think tts possible for headphones, only for those terribly uncomfy inner ears...

i like the sound quality but the bass could be stronger.

to some degree i believe using audio out will affect the SQ as it bypass the player's internal amp circuit..while a jack out uses the player's internal amp..so if u realli out for an external amp shd try to utilise ur audio out..correct me if i m wrong...

Yup thats correct but also must see if you can tell the difference. Creative's headphone out tend to be of good quality so you might not actually see much difference between the headphone out and Line out + amp.

But like I said, go try it out. Auditions are free and the guys at Stereo are very helpful and can advise you.

Hmm, abit ma lu, last time i went there looking super lost and probably super noob...

Then i told some guy "no thanks" when he ask me if he could help...

Lol, accidentally guai lan ppl :doh:

Guest dragonboy

Yup thats correct but also must see if you can tell the difference. Creative's headphone out tend to be of good quality so you might not actually see much difference between the headphone out and Line out + amp.

But like I said, go try it out. Auditions are free and the guys at Stereo are very helpful and can advise you.

It's unlikely you can't tell the difference using the earphone out and line-out, coz the earphone output goes thru it's amplifier and double-amping is a big no-no if you have a choice.

And stereo guys are quite friendly guys, that's where I spend some of my spare time after lunch. Look for the younger staff... so no generation gap.

Actually I meant that just comparing the straight headphone out against the line out +amp. Like I said, Creative players tend to have pretty good internal amps. Of course, its hard to compare against the likes of iQube and Predator which cost more than the player.