Sign in to follow this  
heady

Unacceptable behaviour

Hi guys and gals,

You will note there is this one member who joined in June but hardly posted until he needed to sell something and wanted to post a WTS ad in the classifieds. Since I have been charged with the task of removing posts like his, I deleted his WTS ad and then told him he need to get more than 50 posts.

Well, well, our friend went and post all sorts of nonsense all over the forum. I removed some of the more nonsensical posts but left some. Action has been taken against him but we are lenient so far as he or she may just be someone young and foolish and we want to give the person a chance.

Please rest assured we will try our best to make sgheadphones a nice place without foolish people to spoil the fun.

Thanks guys and gals.

Yea, sort of noticed. Well, every forum has its own house rules and if we choose to be a member then we should abide by then and try to contribute meaningfully too.

just some of my view on this issue, i realise there is suddenly many forum member trying to post something into the forum, just to hit the 50post hit.

nt sure whether they are trying to sell anythings or what, but i think it's spoiling the way this forum is, any taker on this issue?

blackmouth,

What to do? As long as the people don't post nonsense, we just have to tolerate. When they get to post their ads, they will stop. Just ignore them until they do.

Thanks for voicing up. We want this forum to be nice and saying so will help the naughty ones to behave.

Cheers.

Fifty is quite a lot for new members to reach.

So they either go to other forums, or reply to hit 50 posts.

And effects of such somehow shapes the development of the forum.

Fifty is quite a lot for new members to reach.

So they either go to other forums, or reply to hit 50 posts.

And effects of such somehow shapes the development of the forum.

I agree 50 is a lot. The idea is that members who contribute to the forum in a positive way will quickly build up the post count. What the rule is trying to discourage, are people who join just to post ads and then disappears when the sale is done. The so-called "fly-by-night" merchants. And the rule will also protect members from the more unscrupulous people.

I understand the reason for this rule which by the way, was formulated by earlier mods who while less active are still around. It was and is a wise decision.

Regards

hmmm, i though this forum use to have a system call more then a certain month not been active, account will be remove? is this the forum?

It is this forum.

Accounts will be deleted after creating for a month without a single post.

It is this forum.

Accounts will be deleted after creating for a month without a single post.

ouch, no wonder la, i can join today, put up just one post for the sake of posting...maybe something destructive, then MIA myself for months, once i am tired of my rig, come here to post 49 posts, then my 51st will be a WTS one, and my final one...

this kind of things, ouch, i cant stand it, using the benefit of it...

hmmm, for me, I don't even feel like doing business with them...like irresponsible, need you, then call you, once use up your benefit, dump you a side...ouch... B)