Sign in to follow this  
blackmouth0

Koss KSC 75

Just now in the afternoon, accompany my brother to get his ear impression done.

And went over to SE to do the ordering, while doing so, walked around, and found that they have this earphone in stock.

Koss KSC 75.IPB Image

So, pester my brother to et one for me, since he just paid thousand over dollar for his on the way earphone.

On they way while we go out for our shopping, I tried it out, and find that it's superb. No wonder it won many praise for a earphone like this.

Frankly speaking, the sound produce from this earphone was very different, a new signature which I believe even Audio tech, UE can produce.

It have a soft (feel-able), bass. And very good on vocal. Which I believe when tried on Jazz music will make you feel good too.

As for vocal, the singer voice was not that high on pitch, well balance. This earphone have the similar sound signature of various earphone which I had tried before. It have the nice bass from UE. Smoothing sound from ATH - CK 7.

The gripping is excellent too!!! Till a point of time, i forget that i am wearing a clip on earphone!!!

I would recommend people to buy it. Not only produce good sound, but also come with a good price.

Below are some specs

The KSC75 features dynamic elements for an exceptionally wide frequency response from 15-25,000 Hz. A 2 mil. titanium coating on its diaphragms increases the rigidity of the element, minimizing mechanical distortion and ensuring exceedingly accurate sound reproduction. Computer-optimized neodymium iron boron rare earth magnet structures allow the KSC75 to deliver greater volume, even with low-voltage portable devices. Oxygen-free copper voice coils improve signal transmission and conduction for cleaner, clearer sound. Perfect for travel, the KSC75 includes a straight dual-entry four-foot cord, and a L-shaped gold-flashed 3.5mm (1/8") plug.

From "http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-manufacturer/koss/koss-ksc-75.php"

he sound is good and the comfort is too on these handy-dandy little earphones. We’ve been recommending this line from Koss for years now, and though the sound quality may waver from time to time, they’ve always been amongst the best-sounding things on the market at the pricepoint. They’re perfect for the active listener needing an inexpensive pair of headphones that you don’t have to worry about sweating up in the gym or sticking under your sport helmet or groovy skullcap. And because their open-design earpiece does not completely seal the ear canal, you can maintain your situational awareness as you deftly dodge traffic on your latest multi-wheeled aggro-toy.

Honestly, it's very good at its price-point (heck, I paid only 25 bucks buying from Amazon).

If you need a starting point for finding out what good sound is, this pair would be it.

Unfortunately, if you have any higher-end stuff (or upgrade in the future), the KSC-75 will show it's weakness very soon.

EDIT: very good in a positive way :D

Edited by radioactive28

just wondering, is your "very good" a positive or a negative one? lols...

So far I can say, out of those that I had tried, i mean high end headphone, I cannot find the sound in those hi end one...

dunno why, i like this sound...hmmm, seem like my UE triple fi 10 pro gg to be cold storage by me for a long time...

I own a pair of KSC75s myself, they're superb for the price. Only thing is that the clip hurts my ear after a while so it's a no go for long usage.

Guest dragonboy

It seems that the KOSS are coming out aggressive at stereo, seldom see such a wide range of Koss. Usually only the Portapro or KSC75.... now you see them in different design and colors. Talk about their LIFETIME WARRANTY.... wonder how it works locally. :think:

I have heard of modding the foam pads, changing the clips to those which come with SportsPro. Just google, like everyone else. :)

If you're modding the headphones, do be aware that the drivers are meant to be right next to your ears. Farther away and they'll sound pretty crappy, so make sure your modded headphones puts the drivers as close to the ears as possible

The KCS75 could still be improved with a couple of diy mods but too lazy to find them... lol Anyone has the links?

(Finally found it...)

You can see what I did when you take Kramer's mod to the extreme:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=6039&st=20

I did it to maximise the treble and take all the boominess out of the bass. Lost a wee bit of bass volume along the way, but I can live with that.

To take it even further, you can cut a hole in the foam pad, but again, this takes some more bass away.

Edited by radioactive28