Sign in to follow this  
heady

Protection / Case for D2

Hi all,

For all those who are using the D2, would you please share what you use to protect this precious thing? Just got one and want to protect it from scratches and broken screen etc.

Thanks.

Protection = Original acrylic case + screen protector.

Not too bad looking if I might say so.:thumbup: Found mine at Farle Funan.

I couldn't find a case designed for the D2 in singapore, so to protect the screen, i got a (leather?) case meant for the Sony Ericsson P1i. Same screen size, breadth and thickness, but different length. Controls at the top get covered though, but still usable. After i got a pair of Futuresonics Atrio, i realised how the extra space in the case actually lets me keep the earphones nicely when not in use. Result is quite neat - just one case for both the player and the earphones :)

Seems Sony pouches are just right for the D2 as I am using one too. A friend gave it to me.

Farle @ Funan Centre sell a high grade full leather case (made by Cowon for their D2 and D2+ models). It's quite pricey (~$60).

Alternatively, there are quality 3rd party leather case selling for less ($28 inclusive of shipping to Singapore) on ebay from South Korea sellers.

hijacking the thread for a while. :grin::grin:

Anyone one knows if it is still worth it to get a D2+ these days? D2 is an aging player and it seems like the D2+ is a simple UI uplift.

Assuming that i want one, is it still cheaper to get it via Amazon?

hijacking the thread for a while. :grin::grin:

Anyone one knows if it is still worth it to get a D2+ these days? D2 is an aging player and it seems like the D2+ is a simple UI uplift.

Assuming that i want one, is it still cheaper to get it via Amazon?

good to go, very reliable and durable... dont drop it on the hard concrete of course...

my old d2 last 1.5years, now got a d2+ for a few months, less than $300 from amazon shipped 16gb + $120 32gb sdhc card. so total $420 for 48gb player... where to find ?

now i check for you is $250 shipped from amazon by vpost for d2+ 16gb

good to go, very reliable and durable... dont drop it on the hard concrete of course...

my old d2 last 1.5years, now got a d2+ for a few months, less than $300 from amazon shipped 16gb + $120 32gb sdhc card. so total $420 for 48gb player... where to find ?

now i check for you is $250 shipped from amazon by vpost for d2+ 16gb

Cool!, I think i'll do just that. Btw, what do i do after i register on Vpost? There dosent seemed to b a FAQ section on the Vpost webby. Do i just order the stuffs on amazon and ask amazon to shipped to the to the branch at california?

Cool!, I think i'll do just that. Btw, what do i do after i register on Vpost? There dosent seemed to b a FAQ section on the Vpost webby. Do i just order the stuffs on amazon and ask amazon to shipped to the to the branch at california?

When you register with VPost, they will send you info on how to order. Basically, the package is sent to the VPost address in USA which then collect enough packages for a standard container (or something similar) and then send it to Singapore Post which then sends it to you.

thats is cheap....last week i went sls, 16 GB D2+ was going 399 but i got s9 instead.....just wonder where i can find a pouch or screen protector for s9....hehe