Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

Limited Edition ESW10 anyone?

I learned that the size of the sound image is not everything if you get better imaging as I got from my Ultrasone Edition 9s.

I love my music and it has fast become one of my three favorite cans. With the Ultrasone Edition 9 and Stax SR-007MkII being in the mix.

So how does it sound as compared to the Edition9 ?

It's limited edition in how many pcs worldwide ?

Is it easy to drive ( portability ) & what is the size of the adapter ?

Looked tempting to buy as Stereo are giving some freebies.

Thanks.

So how does it sound as compared to the Edition9 ?

It's limited edition in how many pcs worldwide ?

Is it easy to drive ( portability ) & what is the size of the adapter ?

Looked tempting to buy as Stereo are giving some freebies.

Thanks.

The UE9 is very different but i have to say that I do enjoy the ESW10JPN almost or maybe as well. I have not sit down and directly made a comparison but the UE9 seems to give a stronger sound than the ESW10JPN. The ESW10JPN gives a sense of more clarity but I am sure that this is not true. It may be that the UE9's bass is just more powerful than the ESW10JPN which is to be expected.

I read that they have about 1500 pieces worldwide with 1000 of that for Japan.

Yes, easy to drive. Much of my listening is with the iBasso Boa. The plug is the small one.

For the price it is a steal compared with the UE9 in my opinion even though I plan on keeping both.

The UE9 is very different but i have to say that I do enjoy the ESW10JPN almost or maybe as well. I have not sit down and directly made a comparison but the UE9 seems to give a stronger sound than the ESW10JPN. The ESW10JPN gives a sense of more clarity but I am sure that this is not true. It may be that the UE9's bass is just more powerful than the ESW10JPN which is to be expected.

I read that they have about 1500 pieces worldwide with 1000 of that for Japan.

Yes, easy to drive. Much of my listening is with the iBasso Boa. The plug is the small one.

For the price it is a steal compared with the UE9 in my opinion even though I plan on keeping both.

Thanks.

Maybe will check it out later.

I tried both the esw9 and esw10 last Sunday and ordered the esw10.

However they will only arrive end of this or early next month. Meanwhile got to get a hard case for them as it only comes with a soft pouch.

Will post more details when possible.

Hi,

Audio Technica S.E.A replied my mail quoting that the ESW10 will be out on the first week of December.

Here is their reply:

First of all, we thank you for being our customer.

When Audio-Technica introduced the ATH-ESW10JPN, it is more for the Japanese market rather than for world wide. This is because some of the world markets might not be able to accept the way the headphone is being constructed and the cost for it.

But in the Japanese market, this sort of headphone is being considered ‘an art’ rather as a signal reproducing device. Headphone audiophiles in Japan bought these as a collectable items.

Therefore in Japan, it is a limited edition model and it limit a production of just 1,000 units.

I’m sure individual like yourself would like to own a piece of this ‘art’ and therefore all regional sales office in Europe, US, HK/China, Taiwan, Korea and Australia will carry some stocks to fulfil their own market.

So you are right to say 1,000 units( Japanese languages) are made for Japan excluding those for outside Japan.

Since this headphone is a Limited edition, their parts are also in limited qty., but certain parts of our other model, ESW9 can be use for ESW10JPN. In the event the limited edition parts are not available we will recommend the parts of ESW9. A good example is the driver unit, ear-pads and arms. The most important part that you must take care is the lacquer ear-cups because all of them are handmade.

The headphone will be available on the first week of December. Thank you and I’m sure you would enjoy the true quality of these cans.

Best regards,

Vincent Chan

Audio-Technica SEA

Looks like it will go as planned after all. Can't wait to get them.

Regards.