Sign in to follow this  
blackmouth0

Review on the Koss

Went to collect the T1 with my brother this afternoon. And this thing caught my attention.

IPB Image IPB Image

Tempted to try.

Set up was actually the CEC player in SE. And also my Ipod ( thanks Cyrus for lending the cable to connect my ipod in)

Basically, i am a classical head. So, i only listen much to classical music. Tried out the Koss ESP 950 with classical music, I can say is a nice match.

I tried out firstly, the default classical track in SE CEC CD player. Wow i can say.

Given the layer of detailness, and also been able to hear each different string instrument playing. Can easy "identify" out the layout of the orchestra. Violin on left, double bass on right. And also, it's detail separated out.

The bow of each note in the double bass is sound nice and smooth and also light. Each note is been played out nicely and neatly.

Then, I changed over to my ipod, and tried out Jupiter, the bringer to joy

Starting, the string is running, and i can clearly hear each single note running, then when the bass come in, is like wow, like listening in the hall. The setting.

Good things is, i suddenly hear parts which i had nt hear before (nt the player play then sudden fart) is like, suddenly i can "see" the true colour of the song.

Is a must try for you guys if you guys gg down tmr, to either collect your ACS or went down as per normal.

nt only good in sound, but look nice too, i mean the exterior side.

Specs :

Frequency Response 8-35,000 Hz

Impedance 100k ohms

Sensitivity 104 dB SPL/1mW

Distortion <0.01%

Cord Straight, Dual Entry, 4ft

Sounds good, but 100k ohms?

Is this an electrostat + dedicated amp set?

hmm, i nt sure with what you talking abt, but the connector jack between the headphone and the amp is different from the jack found in stax.

hmm, i nt sure with what you talking abt, but the connector jack between the headphone and the amp is different from the jack found in stax.

Oh, I was referring to the impedance, because regular headphones don't come with such crazy impedances (100,000 ohms vs 32 ohms for regular).

Just went to check up on the Koss website, and it is indeed an electrostat:

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^es^ESP950

actually, it worth every one of your cent! went to SE wanting to try the headphone again, but hear from the stuff, he told me that no more stock for now, hve to wait, wonder the stock come alr not.

actually, it worth every one of your cent! went to SE wanting to try the headphone again, but hear from the stuff, he told me that no more stock for now, hve to wait, wonder the stock come alr not.

yes, the ESP950 is pretty awesome..it dwarfs the DT880s/AKG701 in clarity and Soundstage..

btw, you guys should try this one when u get the chance...

IPB Image

pretty nice...almost no leakage of sound unlike ksc75..and soundstage is enhanced due to its dual transducers..