Morgan Wu

DIY guide for LOD

Haha, i just got 2 feet of the SXC cables from Habba. They look good and real flexible (even springy). Damm cute.

I didnt have the chance to ask you just now, you mentioned that they are difficult to work with, why? And does the insulation melt?

PS: For everyone's info, one of the best thing about Teflon insulation is their high melting points. I dont have to worry about the Teflon melting, and they do not shrink when come in contact with heat, another big plus. The downside is that Teflon is stiff, much stiffer than the insulation on the SXC cable.

And guys, do me a favor, click on the link in my signature, i wanna ask some questions that i dun think can be asked here.

the insulation melts abit, but that's not an issue. i find them hard to work with due to their flexibility. wont stay long enough at a place for me to solder on. eps i've braided them. mainly due to the fact that i use very short pcs then.

Guest fiiophile

Haha, i just got 2 feet of the SXC cables from Habba. They look good and real flexible (even springy). Damm cute.

I didnt have the chance to ask you just now, you mentioned that they are difficult to work with, why? And does the insulation melt?

PS: For everyone's info, one of the best thing about Teflon insulation is their high melting points. I dont have to worry about the Teflon melting, and they do not shrink when come in contact with heat, another big plus. The downside is that Teflon is stiff, much stiffer than the insulation on the SXC cable.

And guys, do me a favor, click on the link in my signature, i wanna ask some questions that i dun think can be asked here.

They melted when I place the solder on the wire for about 3-5secs.

I see, thanks for the info fiiophile and Habba. I will see how much trouble the flexibility give me, should be a good challenge, if i find any ways to solve it i will include it in the blog. As for the melting insulation, i will see if lowering the soldering iron's temperature helps or not.

PS:

Habba, i replied to your comment posted on my blog already. I hope you find it satisfactory. If you are still worried i can remove it from my blog totally. And i wouldnt seek a refund. Its just that i will have to wait till next year before i do anything to those wires.

Everyone, please check out the LOD guide link in my signature. If Habba still wants the post down, it will be down. But what i said will still be valid, just that it wouldnt be in public space anymore. So... Read it fast before Habba says anything, haha.

Now.. Anyone know where to find this right angled switchcraft plugs locally?

IPB Image

And where did everyone get your straight gold plated switchcraft plugs from? And how much did you get it for?

PS: And guys, do me a favor, click on the link in my signature, i wanna ask some questions that i dun think can be asked here.

Edited by Morgan Wu

Now.. Anyone know where to find this right angled switchcraft plugs locally?

Have you tried LHS in Sim Lim Tower?

Nope, i haven't. I am asking the question for someone else actually. A friend just told me that Stereo seems to be carrying the right angled Switchcraft plugs. Can someone verify this claim?

Guest fiiophile

I think LHS sells the straight switchcraft plugs. If im not wrong, 10bucks for one. $.$

I think LHS sells the straight switchcraft plugs. If im not wrong, 10bucks for one. $.$

Robert from LHS showed me the right angled plugs but I did not buy any as they are not cheap.

U mean the straight version is 5 bucks nia? Wow, why the price differs so widely. Farnell sells it at 15, 11 for quantities above 10.

Everyone, if possible can post pictures of your completed LODs? Make the thread a more interesting and livelier place.

PS: Please click on my link to visit my Guide. Something out of the ordinary is on. I don't really want to write this to urge others to visit the blog, just that i feel its a pretty rare chance, and the last time i checked, only 38 people visited. If you are not interested, at least help me spread the word.

Edited by Morgan Wu

Guest fiiophile

U mean the straight version is 5 bucks nia? Wow, why the price differs so widely. Farnell sells it at 15, 11 for quantities above 10.

Everyone, if possible can post pictures of your completed LODs? Make the thread a more interesting and livelier place.

PS: Please click on my link to visit my Guide. Something out of the ordinary is on. I don't really want to write this to urge others to visit the blog, just that i feel its a pretty rare chance, and the last time i checked, only 38 people visited. If you are not interested, at least help me spread the word.

No. The straight ones are 10 in LHS.

Thanks fiiophile. That is one of the lower prices i heard. I will go LHS check out sometime next week when i am free. Btw, anyone worked with this plug before?

IPB Image

I heard its difficult to work with. Those who worked with it before care to share your experiences?

And anyone got any idea where to get these ribbon wires?

Thanks fiiophile. That is one of the lower prices i heard. I will go LHS check out sometime next week when i am free. Btw, anyone worked with this plug before?

IPB Image

I heard its difficult to work with. Those who worked with it before care to share your experiences?

And anyone got any idea where to get these ribbon wires?

nope... the plug is as easy to work as switchcraft. i find neutrik the hardest to work with. but it the cheapest.

IPB Image

Edited by theory_87