[J]-ohn

Ultrasone HFI-780 Aron MOD

For someone like me who already own a ED9 from Ultrasone, I must say Aron did a great job on the much much smaller brother the HFI-780.

The original version was full of treble and bass, mids was horribly recessed although a very comfortable and well-built headphone. I very much want to to do an " as fair as possible" AB but 5mins was how long my ears could endure the original version, the treble and bass was striking my ears like no tomorrow.

The modded HFI-780 heals my ears immediately after I put them on, metallic treble disappears but sparking clear, mids warm and smooth, bass tight and well extended.

Listening for about 30mins at Stereo, the headphone gave me no ear fatigue nor reasons for a toilet break ( although I was feeling high tide) except the usual heat from a pair of closed can.

No, I didn't buy it. Need to sell off some cans to buy new one says my wife.

-ohn' date='1 Dec 2008, 10:40 AM' post='104696']

For someone like me who already own a ED9 from Ultrasone, I must say Aron did a great job on the much much smaller brother the HFI-780.

The original version was full of treble and bass, mids was horribly recessed although a very comfortable and well-built headphone. I very much want to to do an " as fair as possible" AB but 5mins was how long my ears could endure the original version, the treble and bass was striking my ears like no tomorrow.

The modded HFI-780 heals my ears immediately after I put them on, metallic treble disappears but sparking clear, mids warm and smooth, bass tight and well extended.

Listening for about 30mins at Stereo, the headphone gave me no ear fatigue nor reasons for a toilet break ( although I was feeling high tide) except the usual heat from a pair of closed can.

No, I didn't buy it. Need to sell off some cans to buy new one says my wife.

If you already have a ED9, why do you still want to get this?

I thought the mod is done to match up the performance of ED9 at a cheaper price?

If you already have a ED9, why do you still want to get this?

I thought the mod is done to match up the performance of ED9 at a cheaper price?

I don't think he meant it when he say that, he is just complaining about his wife... :grin:

I don't think he meant it when he say that, he is just complaining about his wife... :grin:

:lol::lol:

It's good when you keep your online accounts away from your wife :rclxms:

You know the last time I bought the ED9, I told my wife $200.... later she went Hung bros to check :shocking: , later that night.... :smack: until I.... :bye2:

well done on the HFI-780 Aron :thumbup:

Have you heard it? If yes, how did you find it?

-ohn' date='1 Dec 2008, 05:47 PM' post='104714']

You know the last time I bought the ED9, I told my wife $200.... later she went Hung bros to check :shocking: , later that night.... :smack: until I.... :bye2:

Lol! $200 for ED9. Tell her you bought the box only. :P

-ohn' date='1 Dec 2008, 05:47 PM' post='104714']

:rclxms::rclxms:

That's what i do too! I told my wife my SE530 cost only $300+.

And my predator only $400.

Guest dragonboy

A picture of my modded Ultrasone HFI-780.

IPB Image

tried the aron MOD HFI780 at stereo during my lunchtime.... very pleasant and nice listening experience, other than the heat ( like normal closed-cans ), it's a headphone I would like to own..... if I don't have to ED9.

No, I wouldn't buy since I already have the ED9. But if I don't own the ed9, it'll be VERY tempting. :cans: