[J]-ohn

Ultrasone HFI-780 Aron MOD

Is this modded version avaliable (for sale?) ?

You should try them first and give me your honest comments, the headphone can still be tune further, but I like it the way it is now. I did this mod for fun at first but now all this fun is getting me busy...

Guest dragonboy

would it be possible to give a brief note on what was modded internally?

I don't think aron would REVEAL what he had done INTERNALLY. :grin: But it does sounded very impressive. :cans:

I don't think aron would REVEAL what he had done INTERNALLY. :grin: But it does sounded very impressive. :cans:

might be nice to know abit like he added some damping material without revealing where, removing certain parts or added in some stuff...

no need to be details.

Read on headfi that ALO too have a modded version of the 780. He did reveal wad was done internally without being specific.

i posted my reviews on the modded hfi-780 on jaben but the whole thread got deleted. lol

anyway i wouldnt say it was a night and day difference in the mod. but one thing for sure, i wouldnt buy the stock hfi 780.

give me the recabled hfi 780 and i would gladly take it.

the mods fixes all the bad points of the stock 780 imo. i like the better bass and mids aft the mod.

it was a pleasure to listen to it. i'm not sure if the set is still there, tried last sun n i was told that actually the modded hfi780 sold to someone on headfi already.

anyway i am thinking of getting MDR-CD900ST. Aron will u provide recabling service for the MDR-900ST???

might be nice to know abit like he added some damping material without revealing where, removing certain parts or added in some stuff...

no need to be details.

Read on headfi that ALO too have a modded version of the 780. He did reveal wad was done internally without being specific.

No problem but listen to it first and if you like what you are hearing, I can tell you more about the mod which requires some dismantling of the speakers, speaker tuning, re-aligning of speaker, some drilling, very minimum damping as the damping affects the soundstage and a lot a lot of critical listening. I believe the ALO mod is simply adding damping materials within and re-cabling.

Don't want to add specifics yet as I'm still letting people audition the set so I can still fine tune for the better.

Aron, would you be able to mod my ED9??

I've dismantled the ED9 and yes, I believe there is still room for improvement, although quite a beast to tame but it'll be fun.

i posted my reviews on the modded hfi-780 on jaben but the whole thread got deleted. lol

anyway i wouldnt say it was a night and day difference in the mod. but one thing for sure, i wouldnt buy the stock hfi 780.

give me the recabled hfi 780 and i would gladly take it.

the mods fixes all the bad points of the stock 780 imo. i like the better bass and mids aft the mod.

it was a pleasure to listen to it. i'm not sure if the set is still there, tried last sun n i was told that actually the modded hfi780 sold to someone on headfi already.

anyway i am thinking of getting MDR-CD900ST. Aron will u provide recabling service for the MDR-900ST???

Can you still get a MDR-CD900ST? :rclxms: You should listen to them first, heard from member "Cannoncal" the Sony MDR-CD900ST is already quite good default.

Yes, the HFI-780 you heard last week was ready to be shipped but I made another for others to try.

By the way, this coming Saturday 6th Dec, my mod HFI780 will be on loan to a group of SGHeadphones members between 2pm - around 6pm, so auditioning of this headphone on that day has to be before 2pm or after 6pm.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Can you still get a MDR-CD900ST? :rclxms: You should listen to them first, heard from member "Cannoncal" the Sony MDR-CD900ST is already quite good default.

Craig is helping me to get a CD900ST from japan. anyway i asked cannoncal for advice on recabling, think i will only recable 1 if i got 2 CD900ST. :D

Interesting lol. Been awhile since I visited SGHeadphones. Now I seen some interesting stuff. This evening maybe I will head down to test it out. Always wanted a closed headphone for traveling around that can best those of IEM (RS1 lets in too much noise) and not worried it get damaged easily.

Craig is helping me to get a CD900ST from japan. anyway i asked cannoncal for advice on recabling, think i will only recable 1 if i got 2 CD900ST. :D

Wa you "bang" already? You tried it before?

Wa you "bang" already? You tried it before?

see my review on it. haha

auction just closed at 10,600 yen. should have told craig my budget was 11,000 yen instead of 10,000 yen.

haiz...

see my review on it. haha

auction just closed at 10,600 yen. should have told craig my budget was 11,000 yen instead of 10,000 yen.

haiz...

good stuff have to wait :P