[J]-ohn

Ultrasone HFI-780 Aron MOD

Haha ya man. You seem to be acclerating downslope recently :grin:

lol... :blush::no::blush:

blessing in disguise perhaps.

i seriously thinking of pooling my available funds for a hd580/hd600 instead of the cd900st already.

too many wants, so little money. need prioritise.

i seriously thinking of pooling my available funds for a hd580/hd600 instead of the cd900st already.

Uh oh. Then you'll find that you need a good desktop amp to drive it. Then you'll find that you prefer some other more exotic cables. Then maybe you'll find that your source (whatever it is) is just limiting the potential of your Senns. Then you might just decide that balanced might be the way to go...

:P

Uh oh. Then you'll find that you need a good desktop amp to drive it. Then you'll find that you prefer some other more exotic cables. Then maybe you'll find that your source (whatever it is) is just limiting the potential of your Senns. Then you might just decide that balanced might be the way to go...

:P

i noe which is the desktop amp and the recable/mod go with it already. hearing is believing.

Went to audition the HFI780 Aron mod this morning and I must say I'm impressed... especially when the original HFI780 is available for testing too.

I know a Sennheiser HD600 with cables like Zu or Cardas can change slightly to the better or the worse, this HFI780 mod changed almost completely, to the better.

Normal HFI-780:

Treble: Too much energy, harsh and bright. Make music sound thin at times.

Mids: Not there or recessed, very very laid-back.

Bass: Too much volume, loose and muddy.

Soundstage: Narrow but acceptable for a close can

HFI-780 Aron Mod:

Treble: Just nice for me, clean and clear, could hear the upper end of the treble extending beautifully.

Mids: Clear vocal nicely positioned, not too forward. I would have love it if it was a little warmer but I'm just being very picky comparing with the Edition 9.

Bass: Nice... Tight and controlled. I could listen to Jazz tracks with lots of double bass and totally get addicted to it.

Soundstage: Slightly more open but still not enough to satisfy some of my CDs.

Guess I'll hold my Denon thoughts and consider a HFI780 mod. :think:

Edited by Yon

haha...let the opportunity decide. either HD series or CD900st won't be wrong....

both cans need probable amp to drive... and you already know which amp to go to...

either recable or not...that can wait...

haha...let the opportunity decide. either HD series or CD900st won't be wrong....

both cans need probable amp to drive... and you already know which amp to go to...

either recable or not...that can wait...

And what amp is that?

Just tried the HFI 780 Mod just. Definitely much better when modded. Must really bring my RS1 down with my cd to the shop to do a real comparison. Does make me contemplate to get it for its closed design. Never used a close headphone for sometime and looks promising for a portable headphone.

Edited by tassardar_

i want this :cry:

will there be any discount especially when christmas is coming? :P

my mum won't let me buy this. i have to get this secretly :cry:

she said 200 dollars for headphone is already consider high end for her

Edited by Duck-in-the-Box

Guest dragonboy

i want this :cry:

will there be any discount especially when christmas is coming? :P

my mum won't let me buy this. i have to get this secretly :cry:

she said 200 dollars for headphone is already consider high end for her

$200 might be more than enough..................................... for the mod. :grin:

Hm this sounds interesting. I'm also looking for closed cans, the little bit of isolation would be good.

Pity Stereo is in Woodlands. If it was nearer I would be visiting it every other week.

Which is a good thing i guess :D

Sadly the 780 Aron Mod is AWESOME!!! I have a Ultrasone Proline 750. I didn't really like the sound from the stock Hi-Fi 780 thus the reason jumping on a 750.

But after trying Aron's mod. My jaw just dropped and found myself about to ick my own but for not getting the cheaper 780. ='(

For a closed can the 780 is amazing value for your money.

*My first post here. Hi all! =)