Sign in to follow this  
watchthewaves

Where to buy music online?

Where's a good place to go and buy music downloads?

I checked Soundbuzz and Nokia Music Store and they are selling at S$1.99/track. iTunes is cheaper at US$0.99/track but they don't sell for Singapore downloads. Neither does Napster. Crap.

Is there somewhere I can get for less than S$1.99/track?

Also, does anyone know what is the quality of the downloads from Soundbuzz and Nokia?

Thanks.

can just go to http://www.itunesgiftcard.biz/ to purchase the giftcard, create a phoney US account, redeem the stored value and start downloading them

The US Apple iTunes offer both standard 128kbps and 256kbps AAC format, though nowadays 256kbps is more widely available. Dun think they provide lossless format as the download times can be much longer than AAC.

anyway, i feel that the SQ of AAC anytime beats MP3 anytime, given the same bitrate.

all of them use lossy compression to compress their music, which is really not good.

iTunes' music are DRMed, thus I don't really recommend. Do check out Amazon.com

can just go to http://www.itunesgiftcard.biz/ to purchase the giftcard, create a phoney US account, redeem the stored value and start downloading them

The US Apple iTunes offer both standard 128kbps and 256kbps AAC format, though nowadays 256kbps is more widely available. Dun think they provide lossless format as the download times can be much longer than AAC.

anyway, i feel that the SQ of AAC anytime beats MP3 anytime, given the same bitrate.

I feel the problem with those download stores is less about quality, but more about DRM. Personally I use Linux as my main OS, thus there's no way I can get iTunes to work, and secondly I just don't like DRMed music.

the iTunes store is upgrading all their music to iTunes+ with higher quality (256kbps AAC) without DRM anymore. no more limitations on the transfer of music but they embed your email inside. so they can track and trace... :(