peanutbutterjam

AKG 702

Hey,

Has anyone used both the K701 and K702 before? How do they compare in terms of SQ? Are they even different?

Also, is the K702 avaliable in SG?

Thanks!

Edited by peanutbutterjam

as far as I know, the difference between K701 and K702 are:

1) model name

2) color

3) detachable cable on K702

I have only owned K701 beforehand, so I'm not too sure about SQ differences between the two. I believe they haven't tweaked the drivers or changed the shape, so SQ difference should be minimal or none at all.

cheers!

There are no SQ difference at all. I used to owned a K701 and sold off after some time. Using K702 now after I sold off the GS1K too. I purchased mine from TTVJ with SAA Equinox cable upgrade and yes the SQ is different compare to stock cable. It is smoother and more transparent with the cable upgrade.

as far as I know, the difference between K701 and K702 are:

1) model name

2) color

3) detachable cable on K702

I have only owned K701 beforehand, so I'm not too sure about SQ differences between the two. I believe they haven't tweaked the drivers or changed the shape, so SQ difference should be minimal or none at all.

cheers!

Stock K701 and K702 are sound different. K701 have more high. K702 have more balance sound and instrument dont overshadow vocal. Not change the cable yet. Wait til fully burn in then decide.

I opted for the cable upgrade as part of the package deal from TTVJ and it is cheaper that getting it separately. No regret though.

Stock K701 and K702 are sound different. K701 have more high. K702 have more balance sound and instrument dont overshadow vocal. Not change the cable yet. Wait til fully burn in then decide.

I opted for the cable upgrade as part of the package deal from TTVJ and it is cheaper that getting it separately. No regret though.

How much is the cable cost? can describe how is it compare to stock cable? ALO also have made cable for K702 but almost same cost as the can.

The cable alone cost US$ 259 before shipping, custom and duties. The upgrade cable is not as dull as the stock and it is more dynamic when it was out of the box. The bass is much controlled and mid is sweet after 100 hours of breaking in. It is worth the upgrade if budget is not a constraint asn the upgrade extend the SQ to another dimension without stock cable limitation.

How much is the cable cost? can describe how is it compare to stock cable? ALO also have made cable for K702 but almost same cost as the can.