Sign in to follow this  
Yon

Valgrind Sonicaps

A repost of my previous impression:

I am using the Valgrind Caps together with the mini to mini interconnects.

To my ears, in general, they reduce listening fatigue so that i can listen longer and enjoy the music. Music sounds less harsh and thus more enjoyable.

On tracks where there are a few guitars playing, the separation is there- i can make out the tune from each guitar. Prior to the valgrind, the tunes from the various guitars just sound "meshed" up.

I also used the Westone UM2 IEM. The caps reduce the hissing when music is played back via the UM2. The caps also lowers the noise floor. This makes the music sound more "alive" admidst a quieter background. Details become easier to make out.

There is more body to each instrument and vocal. Previously, without the Valgrind, the instrument/ vocal sound lack of "richnesss or fullness".

From http://www.stereophile.com/reference/50/index7.html:

Soundstaging or soundstage presentation is the accuracy with which a reproducing system conveys audible information about the size, shape, and acoustical characteristics of the original recording space and the placement of the performers within it.

In my case, the sound stage does expand with the use of valgrind. Before the valgrinds, the instruments and performers just seem to be like sardines next to each other. With the valgrind, i can sense the space, both laterally and in depth, of the relative placements of the instruments and vocals.

Guest dragonboy

A repost of my previous impression:

I am using the Valgrind Caps together with the mini to mini interconnects.

To my ears, in general, they reduce listening fatigue so that i can listen longer and enjoy the music. Music sounds less harsh and thus more enjoyable.

On tracks where there are a few guitars playing, the separation is there- i can make out the tune from each guitar. Prior to the valgrind, the tunes from the various guitars just sound "meshed" up.

I also used the Westone UM2 IEM. The caps reduce the hissing when music is played back via the UM2. The caps also lowers the noise floor. This makes the music sound more "alive" admidst a quieter background. Details become easier to make out.

There is more body to each instrument and vocal. Previously, without the Valgrind, the instrument/ vocal sound lack of "richnesss or fullness".

From http://www.stereophile.com/reference/50/index7.html:

Soundstaging or soundstage presentation is the accuracy with which a reproducing system conveys audible information about the size, shape, and acoustical characteristics of the original recording space and the placement of the performers within it.

In my case, the sound stage does expand with the use of valgrind. Before the valgrinds, the instruments and performers just seem to be like sardines next to each other. With the valgrind, i can sense the space, both laterally and in depth, of the relative placements of the instruments and vocals.

I agree that with the valgrind caps, everything seems to have better layering and separation. It's different from a new amplifer to your rig. It compliments your existing amplifer and have it to perform to a higher level. But advise....... Don't carry through customs or sometime MRT..... might be stopped by security. :grin:

a happy Sonicaps user here :yes:

x 3 as david watt & dragonboy mentioned :rclxms:

Another very happy user here. :))

Previously owned:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Presently own: :prettyprincess:

IPB Image

Edited by ical

Guest dragonboy

is there anyway to try them???kind of new in this hobby...

send victor a mail..... extremely poisonous man! :wacko:

valgrindproducts@gmail.com

Don't talk to him for too long or you'll end up emptying your wallet. :cry:

Edited by dragonboy

send victor a mail..... extremely poisonous man! :wacko:

valgrindproducts@gmail.com

Don't talk to him for too long or you'll end up emptying your wallet. :cry:

Best not to talk to him at all to prevent from being poison. Communicate with email better. Just kidding. :grin: He's a very nice guy with great passion in audio. Learn a lot of good advice from him which save me money from going the wrong way.

Edited by ical

really wish to try the poison. i need a better soundstage from my rig. lol

what rig are you using?

using a mini3 :x

really hope to open up the stage. lol

the easier/faster way is to contact Victor direct as ical stated above.