Sign in to follow this  
mouz

Interest Check: AMB's Y1 DAC

http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma1/

Hi all, since there's been quite an interest on the above DAC, for the benefit of everyone including myself. There'll be an interest check on the above DAC. Anyone interested in getting one, please add your self to the list below.

1. mouz

2. Stephen Chung

3. adn6244

4. habba

5. theory_87

I ll let this run for awhile(maybe 1-2 weeks), after I've got enough names (probably like 10), I'll proceed to check with AMB about shipping rates, costs and get back to you guys about setting up a group buy. Take note that this turning into a group buy might or might not materialise, so don't be too disappointed if it doesnt happen yah?

30/12/08: Update with pricing

Y1 modular miniature DAC printed circuit board set and accessories (Includes 1 USB board, 1 DAC board, 5 ferrite beads and 1 SIP-9 pin header) x 1 $12

Vishay-BC MKT370 1µF 63V MKT film capacitor x 3 $1.35 (no longer in stock at AMB)

Wima MKS2 1µF 63V MKS film capacitor x 3 $2.40 (seems AMB stock this to replace Vishay-BC MKT370)

JW Miller 79F470K 47µH miniature inductor x 1 $0.30

Bourns 4606X-101-473LF 47KΩx5 resistor network, bussed (SIP-6) x 2 $0.40

Bourns 4608X-102-680LF 68Ωx4 resistor network, isolated (SIP-8) x 1 $0.25

DC power jack, 1.3mm center pin $0.70

RCA jack, PCB-mount x 1 $1.25

3.5mm stereo mini phone jack x 1 $0.60

TI/Burr Brown PCM2707PJT x 1 $6.80

Texas Instruments TPS2115APW power multiplexer (TSSOP-8) x 1 $1.90

Wolfson WM8501GED/V x 1 $2.50

Total: $USD 28.05, appx. $SGD 45.00

10/1/09: Group Buy started

1. Copy and paste the items that you want and reply in this thread or via PM. Please use the subject ' Y1 parts order: <Ur forum name>' if it's via PM.

2. Costs for shipping, etc will be worked out and updated in this thread.

3. Payment will be collected via bank transfers, cost of shipping will be split among the buyers evenly (should be around $USD6-7 each.)(POSB)

4. Orders will than be placed once all payment has been collected.

5. Any excess or lack in funds due to currency fluctuations during transaction will be collected or refunded accordingly during item collection .

13/1/09: Group buy ends on Sunday night 18/1/09

28/1/09: Sorry guys, a bit busy due to CNY. Items have been ordered, probably will arrive in about 10 days if nothing screws up.

13/2/09: PCBs from AMB are in, now awaiting mouser parts

Edited by mouz

http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma1/

Hi all, since there's been quite an interest on the above DAC, for the benefit of everyone including myself. There'll be an interest check on the above DAC. Anyone interested in getting one, please add your self to the list below.

1. mouz

2. Stephen Chung

I ll let this run for awhile(maybe 1-2 weeks), after I've got enough names (probably like 10), I'll proceed to check with AMB about shipping rates, costs and get back to you guys about setting up a group buy. Take note that this turning into a group buy might or might not materialise, so don't be too disappointed if it doesnt happen yah?

mouz,

I'll register my interest here while I am not sure I may want to order from the "enterprise". Will see how this one goes first.

Let me know if you need my help on this order.

Edited by adn6244

No worries man, I feel the same as you. It s just an interest check to work out the costs, not confirmed anyway.

1. mouz

2. Stephen Chung

3. adn6244

Tentatively, it's just USD12 for the PCB but I'm considering adding stuff not easily available from farnell and RS like PCM2707PJT and WM8501, need to look at the BOM again and let you guys know again. If just this 3, price will be USD21.30 without shipping. Depending on the weight of the shipping, cost varies, AMB uses USPS. If package stays below 1 pound, its USD23/pound for shipping.

Considering how volatile the currency rate is, cost will vary quite a bit too.

Dunno yet, but I'm gonna take it one at a time, this one confirm go, we move on to getting the rest of the parts. But I'm hoping someone else can take the initiative :P

can have order for all the parts? lol

Don't think I have time for that but like Heady said in the other thread, if you don't mind waiting, there's always someone out there who will be offering a full kit soon.

hi, i am interested but I have zero soldering experience and i read it need to drill hole also. still a lot of tools need to buy?

Not advisable bro, there's SMD soldering to be done. You'll need a fine tip solder to do this project

Not advisable bro, there's SMD soldering to be done. You'll need a fine tip solder to do this project

what is SMD soldering? can I buy the tools and learn?

I dont mind buy few tools to learn.

Edited by badbad2000

Tentatively, it's just USD12 for the PCB but I'm considering adding stuff not easily available from farnell and RS like PCM2707PJT and WM8501, need to look at the BOM again and let you guys know again. If just this 3, price will be USD21.30 without shipping. Depending on the weight of the shipping, cost varies, AMB uses USPS. If package stays below 1 pound, its USD23/pound for shipping.

Considering how volatile the currency rate is, cost will vary quite a bit too.

mouz,

how about using vpost? Base charge is abt S$13+ plus shipping fees by weight minimum S$4+. amb will ship to vpost address at less than US$10 so add up still slightly cheaper. IF..la...If you are shipping other stuff from USA, the combined costs may be cheaper.

I do online purchase from time to time and if the timing of this order coincide with my purchase, I may be able to help with the order and vpost shipment. :grin:

what is SMD soldering? can I buy the tools and learn?

I dont mind buy few tools to learn.

Bro,

google will help u with some basic informations HERE

This is a good article that I found when I first started into DIY soldering. May have better reference but I find it good enough for my usage.