Sign in to follow this  
mouz

Interest Check: AMB's Y1 DAC

mouz,

how about using vpost? Base charge is abt S$13+ plus shipping fees by weight minimum S$4+. amb will ship to vpost address at less than US$10 so add up still slightly cheaper. IF..la...If you are shipping other stuff from USA, the combined costs may be cheaper.

I do online purchase from time to time and if the timing of this order coincide with my purchase, I may be able to help with the order and vpost shipment. :grin:

Thanks for the advise, I haven't tried vpost yet even though I have a account. Maybe this time round I ll give it a try.

Edited by mouz

i tried vpost before. as long as dont get thing from amazon. things i bought from amazon always use big box for small item, end up higher shipping cost. as long as the seller keep smaller package, then will be worth.

hey guys, i pre-ordered with my y1 panels so i guess im not in the MO this time.

but if you guys are up for the parts from digikey/mouser/farnell/rs i might be up for it. i have the full BOM.

btw. i really dont recommend the y1 for a first/2nd project. not only are there smd components. the dacs and pcm chips are all multi legged sensitive chips. if you die die also want to do this. my suggestion is buy a spare pcm2707 as its pretty hard to get now.

Hi Guys, just an update with pricing on the first post to help you guys make a better decision.

Y1 modular miniature DAC printed circuit board set and accessories (Includes 1 USB board, 1 DAC board, 5 ferrite beads and 1 SIP-9 pin header) x 1 $12

Vishay-BC MKT370 1µF 63V MKT film capacitor x 3 $1.35

JW Miller 79F470K 47µH miniature inductor x 1 $0.30

Bourns 4606X-101-473LF 47KΩx5 resistor network, bussed (SIP-6) x 2 $0.40

Bourns 4608X-102-680LF 68Ωx4 resistor network, isolated (SIP-8) x 1 $0.25

DC power jack, 1.3mm center pin $0.70

RCA jack, PCB-mount x 1 $1.25

3.5mm stereo mini phone jack x 1 $0.60

TI/Burr Brown PCM2707PJT x 1 $6.80

Texas Instruments TPS2115APW power multiplexer (TSSOP-8) x 1 $1.90

Wolfson WM8501GED/V x 1 $2.50

Total: $USD 28.05, appx. $SGD 45.00

Hi Guys, just an update with pricing on the first post to help you guys make a better decision.

Y1 modular miniature DAC printed circuit board set and accessories (Includes 1 USB board, 1 DAC board, 5 ferrite beads and 1 SIP-9 pin header) x 1 $12

Vishay-BC MKT370 1µF 63V MKT film capacitor x 3 $1.35

JW Miller 79F470K 47µH miniature inductor x 1 $0.30

Bourns 4606X-101-473LF 47KΩx5 resistor network, bussed (SIP-6) x 2 $0.40

Bourns 4608X-102-680LF 68Ωx4 resistor network, isolated (SIP-8) x 1 $0.25

DC power jack, 1.3mm center pin $0.70

RCA jack, PCB-mount x 1 $1.25

3.5mm stereo mini phone jack x 1 $0.60

TI/Burr Brown PCM2707PJT x 1 $6.80

Texas Instruments TPS2115APW power multiplexer (TSSOP-8) x 1 $1.90

Wolfson WM8501GED/V x 1 $2.50

Total: $USD 28.05, appx. $SGD 45.00

Ok...I'm in... :drool:

Ok...I'm in... :drool:

K bro, will be moving on to a group buy soon. My eyes are really blur after going thru the BOM several times for a full config. BTW, if you guys are buying stuff from farnell, take note of R2U and R5U if you're using the BOM at amb.org, description is correct but part number's wrong. I've already updated Ti Kan about it, he said he'll update to the correct one soon.

Nice find mouz.

I ordered using the wrong parts.

But somehow they sent me the right ones.

I had to order in quantities of 10, so I definitely have more then enough.

Thanks, I guess that's one of the advantages of being a paranoid guy

Edited by mouz

you ordering the components too right?

i don't know why but looks like i messed up my forum setting. all posts are only showing its title and not the body unless i clicked on them so i cant really see the posts

Yup details are all in the first post. I'm pretty sure there are stuff some would rather get from elsewhere so I think it's gonna get a bit messy...

i had to order parts from 3 different websites.

namely mouser, digikey and farnell.

you guys might want to consolidate order they require a certain amount to be hit before the waive the delivery fee.