Sign in to follow this  
Eric Chia

Irukandji.......does anybody know wat is this?

yup. sennheiser service centre no stock. i ordered like in january still no news. called them twice they say will look into it. i gave up hope on them liao. :D

Hi Hellfire,

Try calling service center TODAY! Some goodies might have came in last week. :whistle:

Hi Hellfire,

Try calling service center TODAY! Some goodies might have came in last week. :whistle:

service centre very far for me. only saw your post after i came home. shall call if i remember to do tmr.

so anyone with the woody cups can sell me the grills on sunday or long term loan to me? :whistle:

yup. sennheiser service centre no stock. i ordered like in january still no news. called them twice they say will look into it. i gave up hope on them liao. :D

Never check properly, right? Just made a call today and they said there's plenty in their service centre. :doh: You sure you call the right place. :grin:

Edited by ical

I am sure a few of the Irukandjis have reached the 1000-hour-mark already. Any significant changes between the 750th and 1000th hour mark?

Just curious...

I am back again. I have already reached the 1000th hour and for one thing, I am able to hear my amp at a VERY LOW volume. On my portable amp, I just listened at 8 o'clock while at my desktop amp, I listened at 9 o'clock.

During this long natural burn-in session, I have always noticed that the Jelly every now and then tends to shift but as you approach the 900th hour, the sound starts to settle down. There is a big improvement in the soundstage, the mids and highs are very clear at low volume. The bass really shines here too. Even at low volumes.

This is good since u don't really have to play your music strongly and at the same time, less fatiguing when listening which makes for a long listening session. More importantly, you ears are cared for. You wouldn't like to get daft too early, right!

Now, I'd like to see how it is when it reaches 1500 hours! Will keep you guys posted!

Thanks for the update, Soundsync.

What desktop amp are you using, by the way?

I have only reached the 600th hour mark with natural burning. Normal listening on my Novo is 9 to 10 o'clock with the HD650, depending on the recording on the CDs.

Edited by Kachui

I am using a PPAV2 for my desktop amp. What you mentioned about your Jelly running at 9 to 10 o'clock with your amp is true. It was the same with me. What I forgot to mention also is on the recording of your CD or source.

More often than not, I listen at the 9 o'clock position but there are times when I listen at 930 position.

Never check properly, right? Just made a call today and they said there's plenty in their service centre. :doh: You sure you call the right place. :grin:

i called after cny and once in feb. both time different person take down my contact and my name. say will call me when got stock.

now i work office hours also dunno when got time to go down even if they got stock.

their service is really :bash: totally no follow up one.

All, if you don't mind me asking. What is the difference between the Valhalla and jellyfish? Other than form factor that is. Is one meant for home use and the other portable?

Just something to add... Due to my recent loss of work, I've been running in the Irukandji non-stop for roughly 2-3 weeks now and I can safely say. The texture and resolution of my music is quite astounding. :)