Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Sennheiser HD800

This is freakin bullsh*t. I don't even think the manufacturer did any research at all with the HD800. Pairing cables to a can is a painstaking effort, involving a lot of testing. If it could be out so fast I can only conclude that no effort was put in at all. I even question if the manufacturer even HEARD the HD800 to determine if it actually even needed a recable that badly.

I feel the same way too.

If Sennheiser spent so much effort with this new phone and limitation of the cable on 650 is so well known, I doubt they'll just dump some low grade cable with the 800.

Just got back from the Sennheiser Service Center. Check with the service technician and was informed that the HD800 would be out in Singapore middle of this year. Fingers crossed!

Yes, in Tokyo. :thumbup: Only for demo, yet to launch. If not, I'll have bought it.

Edited by ical

Come tell us how is it! :lust:

Honestly, I'm never a HD600/650 person regardless of stock or mod, together with any amps that I heard. :yawn: But this HD800 capture my heart in less than a few seconds, drive by some cheap demo amp. :lust: Just imaging what will happen on a proper amp and cdp. :drool:

It a different league from HD600/650. Sound completely different too without any similarity and WAY better in every aspect. :thumbup: It'll be my first open cans once it available for sale. An ideal addition to my D7000. :dance:

how's the soundstage like compared to hd600 and 650?

Really no fight. :party: As mentioned, they sound completely different and can't be compare. My advice for the bros here is, forget about HD600/650, sell them off when you can and save up for the coming HD800! It's look is a killer too :prettyprincess:

Edited by ical

Honestly, I'm never a HD600/650 person regardless of stock or mod, together with any amps that I heard. :yawn: But this HD800 capture my heart in less than a few seconds, drive by some cheap demo amp. :lust: Just imaging what will happen on a proper amp and cdp. :drool:

It a different league from HD600/650. Sound completely different too without any similarity and WAY better in every aspect. :thumbup: It'll be my first open cans once it available for sale. An ideal addition to my D7000. :dance:

Really no fight. :party: As mentioned, they sound completely different and can't be compare. My advice for the bros here is, forget about HD600/650, sell them off when you can and save up for the coming HD800! It's look is a killer too :prettyprincess:

Wa liao the way you describe it isn't helping the curiosity :lust:

Is this going to be limited production? If it is, I got the feeling that its going to be another K1000/Sony Qualia where couple of years down ppl will be slapping their heads "WHY didn't I get it then" :doh:

Is this going to be limited production? If it is, I got the feeling that its going to be another K1000/Sony Qualia where couple of years down ppl will be slapping their heads "WHY didn't I get it then" :doh:

Doubt so, if it sounds as good as they write Sennheiser is going to help the economy quite a bit. :P

Yes! That's what's gonna happen.... so go ahead..... AND GET IT BEFORE YOU REALLY REGRET IT YEARS DOWN THE ROAD!! :ppth::cry: No need to feel guilty cos' all you need do is THINK of it as an INVESTMENT! :rclxms::prettyprincess: And best of all is you really decide to sell it later on.... you'll be rolling in CASH :lol::lol::lol: So go on... you know its the RIGHT thing to do.

Guest dragonboy

Heard from stereo guys that they'll also be bringing in the HD800.... But not likely to be in time for their headphone meet. I probably have a chance to try it out next week when I'm at berlin.... Hope I can resist the temptation. :dance: