Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Sennheiser HD800

if you are interested to make, ahfaudio has this wire in various thickness of 0.5mm, 1mm, 1.5mm..

cant remember the exact prices but 0.5mm is somewhere around $17/metre, 1mm is probably 40+/metre and 1.5mm is 70++ per metre.

so if you intend to go double stranded on each side you might need about 6 metres. i would think 1mM is a good diameter.. its not that stiff.. 1.5mm is too thick and stiff

Seems like a risky investment :blink: ...40X6m=$240..HD800 proprietary connectors not included, around USD40/per pair without shipment..and a good SE 1/4" jack, audiophile grade solder and skills(with a good temperature controllable soldering iron. It will not be easy to handle the HD800 connectors soldering as well).. :think: The cable sounds interesting and promising for its bass performance, but I still prefer a readily made cable at the moment..

Aron, APS cable not ready yet before Can Slam? :cans:

Seems like a risky investment :blink: ...40X6m=$240..HD800 proprietary connectors not included, around USD40/per pair without shipment..and a good SE 1/4" jack, audiophile grade solder and skills(with a good temperature controllable soldering iron. It will not be easy to handle the HD800 connectors soldering as well).. :think: The cable sounds interesting and promising for its bass performance, but I still prefer a readily made cable at the moment..

Aron, APS cable not ready yet before Can Slam? :cans:

i'll be doing one for my hd650, so probably when everything falls into place i'll update on the sound signature of it.

May I know who long did you guys have to wait for your HD800's FR test certificate after you mailed in the warranty card?

Guest crumple_r

does anyone know where to get the HD800 headphone connectors?? =X

I'm pretty sure they were selling it over at Stereo. Btw, any idea how much a local set of the HD800s cost?