kidult

17 Jan 2009 Headphones meet

Calvin> Thanks for the invite! And for cleaning up after us...

sorry to all for coming late, so didn't really get to talk and know most of you (and am especially bad with names, but I do remember a few now)...

I'd just have to say that balanced d5000 coming out of the rudistor is wonderful stuff. Slightly less bass impact than I'm used to on my normal d5000s, and a surprisingly bright high end (quite a shock, really), but all in all really quite awesome.

Also the pico is a perfect match for the ESW10 - but I'm torn between it and my p51 for my freQs...

Cool photos, I'll try to suck in my belly next time!

No problem bros. I'm a cleanest freak so just want to make sure that I don't leave the pizzas leftover for the pests. You guys are must welcome to mess up my studio anytime.

Hope everyone enjoy themselves. I do enjoy meeting all of you, especially the new members who I have never met. Thanks all for coming and taking the trouble to drag along all your rigs especially those heavy home amps, laptop and harddisk. I almost ran out of tables to put them.

Have to thanks Stanley(Kidult) for organizing this meet. It was a great success with the biggest turnout so far.

And Kachui, Jojo and Ken for being the voluntary official photographers! This meet has the most pics taken. Great pics Kachui! Now waiting for Jojo and Ken to post theirs.

And Aron(Stereo/Valgrind) and Victor(Valgrind) for sharing the knowledge with us.

Edited by ical

(Darn three PM limit)

direcow:

Its a shame of not knowing who you are during the meet! I could have finally have at least someone with bass standards as me in the meet! You should've tried the Denons on tube amps. Awesome bass and body.

(Darn three PM limit)

direcow:

Its a shame of not knowing who you are during the meet! I could have finally have at least someone with bass standards as me in the meet! You should've tried the Denons on tube amps. Awesome bass and body.

yeah... maybe if I were there earlier. It's interesting to note especially since the consensus on head-fi is solid state for the denons.

maybe next time I'll have something better to bring along...

...think this is the star attraction at the meet... :drool:

IPB Image

You mean the one on top or the one at the bottom? :grin:

Make sure someone compares the Rudistor NX-33 Balanced and Yamamoto HA-02 using the Ultrasone Edition 9s....the Millet Maxed would also be an interesting comparison with the HA-02.

Haha who are you referring to? What a coincidence, I was just mentioning to hellfire about this.

I'd just have to say that balanced d5000 coming out of the rudistor is wonderful stuff. Slightly less bass impact than I'm used to on my normal d5000s, and a surprisingly bright high end (quite a shock, really), but all in all really quite awesome.

Yeah I think this was the biggest pity, no balanced source. I doubt the NX-33 uses an inverting opamp or circuit to generate the inverse function, most likely the invertered signal pin is just grounded. Can't confirm this though. But no question that the modding made the D5k far supirior to stock.

Yay thanks Calvin for the meet! (and cleaning up later also) :prettyprincess:

Edited by peanutbutterjam

Looks like a great meet! Was there any announcement on the meet within the forums? Didn't hear anything about it at all!

Edited by mimi

Hi, guys, I really enjoyed the meet and sorry I had to leave early.

The NX-33 and HA-02 is simply stunning. I am seriously thinking of getting either one to match my grados.

btw, I am uploading my pics soon, haha~

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Rest is here

Edited by wkwlb

Thanks for the nice pics, Ken. I think between the three of us, we have pretty much covered the entire meet. Waiting for Jojo's pics now... :-)

x2. Great pics from both of you!!

Jojo, where're you? :grin:

Looks like a great meet! Was there any announcement on the meet within the forums? Didn't hear anything about it at all!

It wasn't announce in case we couldn't handle the unexpected turnout. So we usually keep it low profile and inform members here through pm. Will keep you in loop in future. :yeah:

Many thanks to Stanley for inviting me and Calvin for hosting the meet, it was awesome to try out the HA-02, ED9, PS-1 and the Markl-mod D5000 with the NX-33. If only we had a balanced source to unleash that MD5000.

Fantastic pics, Kachui and Ken, now I'm eagerly awaiting Jojo's photos. :))

haha...congrate to your new toy :))

it seem like there's always someone getting a new toy after those meets... :drool: