Sign in to follow this  
Guest rueyloon

Need advice on closed can circumaural headphone

Guest rueyloon

Hello

After years of looking from the sidelines, I got a Alessandro MS1 from Jaben last a few days ago.

I was using the Panasonic retro looking headphones but the pad has started to peel. I had a great

session at Jaben picking out the headphones. There was definitely an appreciable difference between

the GR60 and the MS1. The GR60 sounds too neutral to me while the MS1 is definitely more musical.

Now here is the problem, I've never had an open can headphone before and I'm getting them for

use during commuting and in my office. I guess I didn't understand why they don't recommend

this type of head phone for outdoor use until I experienced it for myself. There is just too much

sound leaking inside. It really distract from enjoying the music. They sound great, but they need

to be used in a quiet environment.

So here's the question, are there any closed cans circumaural design headphones that I should take a look at ?

I hope to narrow down my choices to around 3 then I can go for another audition at Jaben :)

hope you guys can give me some nice suggestions.

Cheers

Guest rueyloon

Budget probably around the lower end of the spectrum, up to say $300 ? if I can get a good

headphone that I can use in all situation, else, maybe lower if it is only good for say,

indoors but too bulky for outdoors etc.

Music I listen to independent bands, pop like KT Tunstall and TingTings etc...

Since you stated that you are looking for circum-aural headphones, I would recommend the D1001 instead of the ES7 as the ES7 is supra-aural instead.

And they do sound pretty good with your music taste.

Guest dragonboy

Since you stated that you are looking for circum-aural headphones, I would recommend the D1001 instead of the ES7 as the ES7 is supra-aural instead.

And they do sound pretty good with your music taste.

Denon 1001 x 2 :party:

Tried out the last time at stereo.... sounds great for something below $200 with good isolation and comfortable fitting compared to the alessandros. :cans: