Sign in to follow this  
wen1979

Do You Spend More on Headphones or Amps?

DAC is to make the digital to analog, right? correct me if i'm wrong.

So after selling ur Lil Country, you only use ur Tapco Mixer ? BTW bro, how much u get the tapco. Been looking for small mixer before until too lazy. Yamaha and Mackie is way too big for me... plus $. I hate to control volume from computer.

Look like ur are the same as me, using studio monitor speaker. Yep!

What cable are u running? (Shucks.. OT)

Edited by boon

Me?

A good amp.

which will open up avenues for ...

many...

many...

many headphones down the road.

Which could be bad/good depending on how you see it.

But of course mine's pretty much stuck in one lane...... electrostats :party:

If i were to go dynamic, I would definitely get a good tube amp, preferably one that has both balanced and unbalanced hp outputs, so I can tweak/swap the tubes to match the headphones but of course this amp would not be cheap.

get yurself a good amp 1st

a good amp wise will drive any cans effortless than u can concertrate on other things at the later stage....

btw jig planning for dynamic cans? hehe :D

wooaudio ler or singlepower extreme hehe

DAC is to make the digital to analog, right? correct me if i'm wrong.

So after selling ur Lil Country, you only use ur Tapco Mixer ? BTW bro, how much u get the tapco. Been looking for small mixer before until too lazy. Yamaha and Mackie is way too big for me... plus $. I hate to control volume from computer.

Look like ur are the same as me, using studio monitor speaker. Yep!

What cable are u running? (Shucks.. OT)

Yes correct. DACs accepts digital sources like a PC, CDP or even DAPs which outputs thru USB, Optical or Digital Coax then converts them to analogue signals for your rig. It is the basic component of a sound card. :thumbup:

The reason I'm selling my Little Country 3 (LC3) is that I had UPGRADITIS and bought a Yamamoto. :sweat:

The tapco is only 99sgd I use it to control my Monitors and can be used as a headphone amp. But the signal as w/ all monitors is very flat neutral no coloration. So I just use the mixer if I want to listen carefully to a new CD or get an idea of the change that happens w/ tweaks on my source. =)

I got mine from Jaben. but it is realatively simply very few ins. but for my porpuse it's ok. Beringers and Yamaha's seem to be priced ok. Just try roving around SLS. :blush:

This one is a more costly alternative but it really looks cool. I was planning to get this. But i haven't had the chance to tweak my cables due to the mixer. lol!

http://www.tcelectronic.com/LevelPilotDetails.asp

What Monitors are you using? :drool:

@Jig_sg

With that plan for an amp ae you also gunning for a HD800? :shocking:

get yurself a good amp 1st

a good amp wise will drive any cans effortless than u can concertrate on other things at the later stage....

btw jig planning for dynamic cans? hehe :D

wooaudio ler or singlepower extreme hehe

Heehee... no lah... cannot justify having 2 different setups. Would do my headphones any justice, how to spend time on both types? Already too many electrostats as it is, gotta let some go....... someday.

But to be honest I do have 2 dynamic headphones which aren't getting much time.

Edited by jig_sg

Heehee... no lah... cannot justify having 2 different setups. Would do my headphones any justice, how to spend time on both types? Already too many electrostats as it is, gotta let some go....... someday.

But to be honest I do have 2 dynamic headphones which are getting much time.

Haha I totally respect your collection :grin:

What's the other dynamic?

What's the other dynamic?

Thought you know?

AKG & the Beyer loh ^_^

Haha I totally respect your collection :grin:

Wish my wife felt the same... :P

Edited by jig_sg

Wish my wife felt the same... :P

I feel for you man! In my case my fiancee. loL! :sweat:

I finally found what I really want after audition EAR HP4 yesterday. Too bad it cost more than $5k. :cry: Keep thinking about it now.

Sell 1 or 2 of your power cords can liao lah :prettyprincess:

If not, I can help relieve you of the AR RR-77 at a "reasonable" price :whistle:

EAR HP4? haha.. jig_sg you may consider this amp, it matches extremely well with Beyer DT880 600ohm :thumbup:

Yes correct. DACs accepts digital sources like a PC, CDP or even DAPs which outputs thru USB, Optical or Digital Coax then converts them to analogue signals for your rig. It is the basic component of a sound card. :thumbup:

The reason I'm selling my Little Country 3 (LC3) is that I had UPGRADITIS and bought a Yamamoto. :sweat:

The tapco is only 99sgd I use it to control my Monitors and can be used as a headphone amp. But the signal as w/ all monitors is very flat neutral no coloration. So I just use the mixer if I want to listen carefully to a new CD or get an idea of the change that happens w/ tweaks on my source. =)

I got mine from Jaben. but it is realatively simply very few ins. but for my porpuse it's ok. Beringers and Yamaha's seem to be priced ok. Just try roving around SLS. :blush:

This one is a more costly alternative but it really looks cool. I was planning to get this. But i haven't had the chance to tweak my cables due to the mixer. lol!

http://www.tcelectronic.com/LevelPilotDetails.asp

What Monitors are you using? :drool:

@Jig_sg

With that plan for an amp ae you also gunning for a HD800? :shocking:

dirt cheap for tapco. hehe...

what ya meant by tweak ur cables? hehe...

TC electronic got a lot of good stuff tho.. love the stuff they had.

I'm using Event TR8XL for doing music.... back then.. now take it as music pleasure. I do not like to do any EQ, prefer to listen flat freq response music. always love to understand the mixing and master engineer do for the music. :thumbup:

I wish I have marnee for Mackie 824... 624 also maybe.

Sell 1 or 2 of your power cords can liao lah :prettyprincess:

If not, I can help relieve you of the AR RR-77 at a "reasonable" price :whistle:

Haha! My Acrolink Mexcel 9100 is a keeper. This powercord really woke up my system and it's limited edition so no way I am letting go. :grin:

The AR RR-77 is a good buy lah. Didn't I demo to you it's power. :grin: Match with Kingrex power supply and this baby will make your hifi and Stax fly. :grin:

EAR HP4 will match your status. :grin:

Edited by ical

Haha! My Acrolink Mexcel 9100 is a keeper. This powercord really woke up my system and it's limited edition so no way I am letting go. :grin:

The AR RR-77 is a good buy lah. Didn't I demo to you it's power. :grin: Match with Kingrex power supply and this baby will make your hifi and Stax fly. :grin:

EAR HP4 will match your status. :grin:

Wah... dun say until like that. After listening to your system, really felt that mine was lacking. Scratch head about what to do to improve. I'M the one who's trying to reach YOUR level.... hopefully at a much lower cost :P

Yup, was really tempted to get the RR-77 & Kingrex PSU but need to garner funds for it....

by the way, was trying to locate that Mitsuru Araya album we were listen to at your place, couldn't find it at Roxy. What's the title of the album you were recommending? think it had a white cover?

I spent more on my headphones, mostly cause I got 2 headphones and only one Amp.

As for the g/f, yeah feel the same. When I told her I got new headphones, got upset. Every time you put on headphones you ignore me. Now you have two headphones, you'll ignore me even more!

Edited by Hooligan