Sign in to follow this  
wen1979

Do You Spend More on Headphones or Amps?

Yup, was really tempted to get the RR-77 & Kingrex PSU but need to garner funds for it....

by the way, was trying to locate that Mitsuru Araya album we were listen to at your place, couldn't find it at Roxy. What's the title of the album you were recommending? think it had a white cover?

RR-77, RD-3, RGC-24 are the best product from AR so far. Works every time.

That's is: Mitsuru Araya - Natura '3. Only available at Audio Basic or X Audio as they imported themselves.

As for the g/f, yeah feel the same. When I told her I got new headphones, got upset. Every time you put on headphones you ignore me. Now you have two headphones, you'll ignore me even more!

Haha! That quote is really classic. Sound familiar.

I spent more on my headphones, mostly cause I got 2 headphones and only one Amp.

As for the g/f, yeah feel the same. When I told her I got new headphones, got upset. Every time you put on headphones you ignore me. Now you have two headphones, you'll ignore me even more!

tell her dun worry, you only have a pair of ear to listen to ONE headphone at a time. :party:

Well, at least your HANDS are free :grin:

just wondering if you guys spend more on headphones or more on the amps, cables etc.

would dump all into the headphone.. jus look for one that is easily driven (low Ohms)..

Edited by dreaming

@ jojo_b2

ur tapco is mix.60 right? =P

btw, is your monitor still place in that same position? not worry that it will create another 3more db ? heh

@ jojo_b2

ur tapco is mix.60 right? =P

btw, is your monitor still place in that same position? not worry that it will create another 3more db ? heh

It's even smaller its a Tapco mix 50. For volume control and the extra Headhone out I use for burn in. It serves its purpose well. :thumbup:

Now I think I need your guidancs. Did a google on your rig. Waah those are monsters. I didn't really understand the 3 db thing. :rclxub:

If you're free one of these days. Would you want to visit my place. I plan to buy a stad for them one of these days. I believe your recommendations would be VERY helpful! :blush:

I can also try to poison you w/ some headphones I have. :whistle:

It's even smaller its a Tapco mix 50. For volume control and the extra Headhone out I use for burn in. It serves its purpose well. :thumbup:

Now I think I need your guidancs. Did a google on your rig. Waah those are monsters. I didn't really understand the 3 db thing. :rclxub:

If you're free one of these days. Would you want to visit my place. I plan to buy a stad for them one of these days. I believe your recommendations would be VERY helpful! :blush:

I can also try to poison you w/ some headphones I have. :whistle:

i began to hate u. :lol: i am easily poison one leh. hahaha i like to know more things but i end up getting poisoned (always) . haha...

well for the +3db thing is because i learn before from audio engineering course.

you just rem that sound travel out and if the speaker is on the table, the wavelength will hit the table and bounce up to the cone and that add on to 3db. like wise if it is near the wall and side too. thats why most of the people prefer to have the speaker stand or short stand to get above from the table and doing 45 deg towards the ear. but then again, it depend on HOW precise you want. for recording studio, it is a must to do so. but they also have some allowance from the speaker to the back of the wall. iya.. very mafan. :P

i only put 45 deg towards me but left speaker is very near to the wall so that will give me more db but as it is near to the window = ambient atmosphere noise, it compensate. haha

My Event TR8XL is 8 inch cone and it cost me $1260 a pair. loving it. I used to have KRK v4 but the cone is too small and transformer went dead. other then that, prefer to have mackie HR624 (lovely!)

IPB Image Old setup with my mixer on the left

IPB Image New setup and on hold of smaller mixer

Edited by boon

Based on what I have now, I spent more on cans than amp now. But first, a good amp is a must in order to drive the cans well.

Edited by ical