petia

Joanna Wang Ruo Lin

She was in the Taiwan's version of the "Don't Forget the Lyrics" looking totally awkward and not knowing the lyrics to any of the Chinese songs posted to her.

Shouldn't her manager or herself know better?

She was in the Taiwan's version of the "Don't Forget the Lyrics" looking totally awkward and not knowing the lyrics to any of the Chinese songs posted to her.

Shouldn't her manager or herself know better?

Yes I managed to see that episode. Definitely agree that she seemed very awkward. Though I wouldn't be surprised, she seems to be much better singing in English than Mandarin. Her New York Terror album is awesome. :grin:

Where you read that?

Taiwan tabloid :P My gf follows all these stuff. She is a strong minded young lady and have strong opinions about her music and her style of creativity. She has the attitude that she creates music of her liking and if people like it and want to buy it, great! if not, she could careless. She doesn't create music for sales!

This obviously clash with the marketing and business side of the music industry. Her producers and label had been pushing her to create music closer to the popular Pop culture and reach out to the masses. She disagree strongly and would rather quit music than doing Pop or popular music. She felt ashamed having to be in MVs of pop songs or performing pop music because she was so strongly against pop music and that her friend may view her differently (as in 'Look at Joanna, she used to be so against all these pop music nonsense and how low she stood now for the sake of sales and resorting to doing pop).

Her father and friends tried to convince her to continue on and not to get to hung up about it. But I guess at the end of the day, she can't live with herself doing something that she is so strongly against and stood against.

Yes I managed to see that episode. Definitely agree that she seemed very awkward. Though I wouldn't be surprised, she seems to be much better singing in English than Mandarin. Her New York Terror album is awesome. :grin:

I guess this shows some truth about the whole situation. She just wants to go on creating music of her liking. Doing mandarin is for the sake of tapping into the Chinese market....cha ching! Doing it for the sake of sales.

She'll never quit the industry. Might just taking a break if thing doesn't turns out well.

Don't ask me how I know. :whistle:

She'll never quit the industry. Might just taking a break if thing doesn't turns out well.

You are dating her!! Gonna tell on you! :bash:

But seriously, glad to hear she is not quitting...it would be such a waste of talent.

Yay. Great news. :) Can I pass to you both my albums for her to autograph? :blush:

Edited by uberburger101