ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Yes jig sg. Btw I use to own the Airtight too which I bought from Audio Note many years back. Very nice amp.

Got them from Joamote from Echoloft. A local guru in room treatment. His stuff cost cheaper and works better than those branded ones selling at Adelphi. Do a search at Echoloft and pm him. A very friendly guy. Did lot of projects for others including those super high end. Highly recommended.

Oh, I see. He's got a new diffuser cum absorption on echoloft for sale thread. Perhaps, I will contact him soon.

Try to look for the EL34 Mullard XF1 if you can to go with your Blue Hawaii. It'll bring it to the next level. Much tighter bass, more musical and "organic" like, and super smooth.

I still have 2 sets of matched quad 1950's NOS (never used) EL34 Mulllard XF1 fat brown base locked in my stash. Keeping them for good.

Edited by ical

Wow!!! a stax rig! That is not common here. It would be great if you offer to let us try out. :sweat:

Not exactly not common, but I guess that most stax owners here own the O2 which is too much cash density for me currently :grin: No problem man with trying man!

My humble rig.... updated with Headamp Blue Hawaii (Mullard XF2 EL34)

My god. The insulators alone doesn't qualify for humble already. :bash: I'm not too familiar with Hi-Fi products but those cable stands look real nice.

Even the room just look so classy. :rclxub:

IPB Image

BH + O2... :drool: If I'm not wrong that's the MK2 is it? How much improvement is the BH over the 007t (i presume you used that before the BH)?

Seems to be a Lambda (non-pro) if I'm not mistaken. Very rare find that Srd7SB/MKII.

Spot on bro. Yes it is an SR-Lambda normal 6pin biased. Its bringing me to heaven already. That is... until your O2 reminded me that heaven had a few levels :sweat::grin: Nvm I'm contented with standing at the gates :call:

Justin is doing a run of the BHSE, anyone pulling the trigger? :shocking: The teaser pics he released just melted my heart. Fortunately I'm way too poor to be tempted :grin:

Edited by peanutbutterjam

is that a Jeff Rowland below? and do you mind state all the other models?

great listening area :thumbup:

Sorry, have missed out the names.

It's a full Burmester setup.

CDP: 061

Pre: 035

Power: 036

Speakers: B50

Conditioner: 948

Cables: Stereovox BAL and LSP 600.

My god. The insulators alone doesn't qualify for humble already. :bash: I'm not too familiar with Hi-Fi products but those cable stands look real nice.

Those are Shunyata's Dark Field Cable Elevators. It works very well. Available at Audio Note.

http://www.hifi.com.sg/products/accessory/...a/darkfield.htm

...man...all these "Humble Rigs"... :rclxub: ...making my head spin...

nice setup, lengcm...

Anyone owns a not so humble rig to post. :grin:

This thread's giving me Nose bleed with all the gorgeous rigs!!! :doctor:

A very nice rig indeed, @lengcm! =)

If not mistaken you have your listening area in an Attic or the windows of your place are designed to have a diagonal slope. :o

I'm totally curious how a burmester 035 sounds like. The HD600 s a bit picky than the HD650 to get synergy in what I've experienced anyway. :blink:

BH + O2... :drool: If I'm not wrong that's the MK2 is it? How much improvement is the BH over the 007t (i presume you used that before the BH)?

Spot on bro. Yes it is an SR-Lambda normal 6pin biased. Its bringing me to heaven already. That is... until your O2 reminded me that heaven had a few levels :sweat::grin: Nvm I'm contented with standing at the gates :call:

Nah, its the O2 MKI but I know someone here has the MKII though.

Never had the 007t, only T1W, SRM1-MKII, SRD-7/MKII, 006t.

Sold the SRD-7/MKII before I got the O2 but the BH definitely outshines the rest.

The 006t was way underpowered to drive the O2 as well as the Lambda Pro.

Hows the O2 pairing with the T1W? Is it good or underpowered?

Not bad but I would rate the SRM1/MKII higher with the O2s.

Do my eyes decieve me. That is really a GREAT RIG. Kudos for the setup very neat. It not mistaken the Rack itself would cost more than my laptop. You got Mullards! :DD

The Flat Cords on the Headphones.. Sexy! :drool:

Care to share where you live... lol! :naughty:

Thanks.

Yup, the listening area is in the attic. The back wall is acutally the roof sloping down at 45 degrees.

Hard to describe the sound of the HD600 with the 035. It's a very different sound from all the headphone amps I have owned and heard. Maybe you would like to try it once of these days.

This thread's giving me Nose bleed with all the gorgeous rigs!!! :doctor:

A very nice rig indeed, @lengcm! =)

If not mistaken you have your listening area in an Attic or the windows of your place are designed to have a diagonal slope. :o

I'm totally curious how a burmester 035 sounds like. The HD600 s a bit picky than the HD650 to get synergy in what I've experienced anyway. :blink:

Yup, the listening area is in the attic. The back wall is acutally the roof sloping down at 45 degrees.

Hard to describe the sound of the HD600 with the 035. It's a very different sound from all the headphone amps I have owned and heard. Maybe you would like to try it once of these days.

WOW!!!! That would be great. Maybe we have a mini-meet one of these days.

Actually I'm friends with Cal, Kidult, Sep90, Soundsync, Uber, Kachui, hellfire and PBJ. We share the same passion in Headphones and Audio. Among us Cal and Kidult has been into Hi-fi for sometime. I'm just a "Padawan" Learner when it comes to this stuff. My home rig wouldn't come close to the "Hi" in Hi-fi. lol! :blush:

Even if we don't have a meet anytime soon. It would be great to try out your rig. =)

@jig_sg

If we have a meet sometime I hope you can join. I also didn't know that there was a BH owner in SG. I've been hearing praises on the system. Can't wait to hear the take of the very few persons lucky enough to eye the BHSE. =)

Edited by jojo_b2