ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

what rack is that? mind to share where, how, to get them, pricing too? TIA

It's a Particular "Optimus" rack avail at Music By Design. Price ard $1400? Can't remember exactly.

http://www.particular.com/products/optimus/index.html

This rack has a load limited as the shelves are held up by 3 screws driven against the 3 poles each.

So if you overload it can come crashing down. The recommended weight was no more than 50pounds. But I've seen others putting more than that on but it's a risk you'll have to bear.

Edited by jig_sg

My humble rig.... updated with Headamp Blue Hawaii (Mullard XF2 EL34)

IPB Image

To the experts: Is the tube amp at the bottom an Air Tight? Available locally?

To the experts: Is the tube amp at the bottom an Air Tight? Available locally?

Yes it is and available at Audio Note.

maybe we should start a thread titled: "Guess how long before and what new toy jojo will be getting next"

looks like the answer was w1000 and 2 weeks. :D

@jojo grats on your new toy.

4. What are the most common signal quality design mistakes?

A: Signal Quality is a mandatory test. See the signal quality test description for details. Most problems are the result of EMI "control" components like ferrite beads mounted on the signal lines. Often, these manage to destroy the integrity of the signal as well as make emissions worse.

thanks for the info. not using ferrite core on my usb cable already. thou i couldnt tell the difference with or without.

looks like the answer was w1000 and 2 weeks. :D

I believe his next upgrade will be very soon too. :grin:

What will that be then? CA 840c?

Nope I will tell you now. I am gunning for a proper rack by end of month. Can't bear looking at the Yamamoto on top of the Dry Box. :no:

I also planning to do some power tweaks and for sure a RR-77 if budget permits. But no new equipment change. You saw how practical the DacMagic is for me. Just a press of a switch I get my sources ready and it's pretty decent as it is. ;)

I'm also trimming inventory. I tend to switch between the HD650 and the W1000 on CDs. Still investigating if it's by genre or by artist that makes me switch. I play Akon on the W1000 and Nickleback on the HD650. But I feel Lil' Wayne's album fares better on the HD650 and Linkin Park on the W1000. After a time I will get enough samples to decide. I did listen the whole morning. lol! :party:

Ok thanks for taking away the guessing part.

Yep, the DacMagic is really convenient.

I would say it's both. W1000 plays well with some artistes across various genres too. Would have to listen more then decide I guess.

Nope I will tell you now. I am gunning for a proper rack by end of month. Can't bear looking at the Yamamoto on top of the Dry Box. :no:

I also planning to do some power tweaks and for sure a RR-77 if budget permits. But no new equipment change. You saw how practical the DacMagic is for me. Just a press of a switch I get my sources ready and it's pretty decent as it is. ;)

Good choice. Rack is consider the most important part of a system which is sadly neglected. You'll surprise how much damage vibration has done to your rig. :smoke:

You can consider the entry TAOC MS series. What I like about them is you can custom it to your needs or upgrade to more shelve in future. Of course if you budget permit, the AS series will be most ideal. :grin: Ask Steven to give you a bundle price together with RR-77.

http://www.taoc.gr.jp/taoc/msr.html

http://www.taoc.gr.jp/taoc/as.html

Edited by ical

Good choice. Rack is consider the most important part of a system which is sadly neglected. You'll surprise how much damage vibration has done to your rig. :smoke:

You can consider the entry TAOC MS series. What I like about them is you can custom it to your needs or upgrade to more shelve in future. Of course if you budget permit, the AS series will be most ideal. :grin: Ask Steven to give you a bundle price together with RR-77.

http://www.taoc.gr.jp/taoc/msr.html

http://www.taoc.gr.jp/taoc/as.html

Thanks for the tip Cal. I :grin: just hope my Wallet survives another round. lol! :shocking:

But Yes. The rack seems to be the next thing that I need to invest in. See you soon at the meet. It's been a while. You have a great rig as it is. :thumbup:

wah guys so many new rigs

well this is my new rig ...actually quite old ler...only minor improvements to my cans....

Nice Recabling Eric. Now wondering how it sounds like! Definitely something to Try this Sunday! :drool:

@Kidult

Bought some "Old English" from Home Fix. My Yamamoto and W1000 sparkling. :shocking:

I will take a pic of my rig once my HD650 cups come in. I now have Wood for my headphone gear! :grin:

Thanks for the tip Cal. I :grin: just hope my Wallet survives another round. lol! :shocking:

But Yes. The rack seems to be the next thing that I need to invest in. See you soon at the meet. It's been a while. You have a great rig as it is. :thumbup:

No worries, bro. Your rig do deserve a good "home". :D It'll look nice and neat too.

Mine is nothing compare to yours after all your shopping spree. :grin: I'll see you then.

Edited by ical