ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

look like silver reference is a winner?! hmmm....

seem like my spare Z1 got to go...

wait...silver reference placed on amp, CDP or DAC? what are the other components using??

Hold on to your Z1. Actually the pairing of all black sand was full bodied complete with a wide soundstage and a very nice range from the highs to the lows. It was a bit tol the Dark side. So it's a preference if you like it or not. :party:

CDP - Z1

DAC (Xindak) - Z2

Amp (Yamamoto) - Silver Ref

If you go for neutral just replace the Silver Ref. But the one above very musicall for me Kachui and Eric. Uber didn't like the Yamamoto in any of our cans. loL! :whistle:

CDP - Z1

DAC (Xindak) - Z2 or Silver Ref

Amp (Yamamoto) - Tunami

I believe the Z2 can be replaced by the Silver Ref which would give better results. On my Rig the Z2 was only fit for the source. It lacks a bit of the range of either the Z1 or the Silver Ref.

You can try and flip it which one suits you're taste :grin: :

Source (DAC/CDP) - Silver Ref

Amp - Z1

It's like the anology Steve gave on the Tunami + Acrolink Pairing (Hope he soesn't mind me qouting). Dynamic + a Full range smooth cable. The Z1 for dynamics and the Silver Ref for the full range and soundstage.

Edited by jojo_b2

The Silver Reference is like a Z1 on steroids whereas the Z1 to Z2 is more of a sidestep with a different signature.

That said, I really would feel uncomfortable if my powercord cost more than my amp. :blink:

Edited by uberburger101

After 35 pages of "Show Off Your Home Rigs" mine still isn't up yet. Though I want to post some teasers...

My cans waiting to hear better amplification. :)

RS-1 with new, just arrived Jmoney lambskin leather headband compared to the stock headband.

IPB Image

IPB Image

GROUP SHOT! :holiday:

IPB Image

---

Edited by jojo_b2

---

Edited by jojo_b2

if u looking for warm, musical soundsignature the silver ref with all the z1 and zII r the way to go....

very rich i would call it with my beyer and hd650...very warm,details and draw u into listening mood CRAZY full range!!!!!

for neutrality and soundstage is the oyaide tunami r-7 with z1 and silver ref .... too bad the z11 is not long enough to pair with my dac or it will be in full midrange and upper high will excel and will cover my amperex tube 's weakness the rolled off highs :sweat: havent finished burning it yet....

balanced and neither too forward or laidback but with power and full mid and lower range extension

high is good but not as good as the 1st pairing with blacksands....

woke my beyer up and fed it with steroids...... :D

within my observation, if u like warm then the wattgates iec and plugs is for u..

for neutrality and soundstage change the plugs to oyaides 004 for it...

u can't go wrong with silver reference....it is a DAMMM goood cable..... :thumbup:

now aledi borrow it from Jojo and testing my rigs with it.....

..i almost crapped my pants when i put my telefunken back in...... :shocking:

best pairing that i found out....

cdp-blacksand Zi or tunami Gpx-R for quietness and clean soundsignature...Jojo and the guys can attest to it...lol

xindak dac- telefunken 6922 =silver reference or amperex 6922 HP = blacksand zII ( i keep trying different combination for it but the worst tubes is the Eh6922) yuck !

little dot mk4se- western electric 403 B/ mullards m8100 / G.Elect 5 stars = oyaide tunami r-7 for neutrality and dynamic soundstage / silver reference for warm ,rich and great full range

Edited by Eric Chia

Everything in this thread has been dangerous since it was started.... BY YOU! :grin:

x2 :sweat:

Nice and simple rig you got there GreenArrow. I miss the days where I can actually tie my chords together and clean the mess. Nowadays can't even bend power chords. lol! :sweat:

How's the pairing of the compass with the AKG 702? I was able to try the compass w/ a Denon D5000 last headphone meet it was very good. and the built of the compass I can say is definitely better than my old Zero Dac. The neutrick socket actually makes it classy for me too. :thumbup:

Btw, I also have the same mouse pad with a Death adder here at the office. lol! :grin: