ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Now I am curious of who this "someone" we know is? :think:

:whistle:

Actually I was trying to do up a power cord for my setup so I started requesting samples from OEM factories that manufacture UP-OCC powercords for "famous Japanese" companies whom I cannot mention. It was under table and I had to protect my old friend as this snake was meant for the Japanese powercord company only.

I didn't want to spent too much on plugs which only looks good but yields minimum improvement so I went on a research into the difference between the best and the normal ones and discovered, I could actually get high conductivity thru some modifications inside and outside the plugs therefore I ended up with normal Wattgates modded plugs which is most bang for bucks after comparing to a Oyaide P046/C046. Of cos they don't look as eye candy as the Oyaide but it was good enough for me.

Wanted to pass Kidult the burn-in one but was taken by someone else, so Kidult will be doing the favour of burning in for me. :thumbup:

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

:whistle:

Actually I was trying to do up a power cord for my setup so I started requesting samples from OEM factories that manufacture UP-OCC powercords for "famous Japanese" companies whom I cannot mention. It was under table and I had to protect my old friend as this snake was meant for the Japanese powercord company only.

I didn't want to spent too much on plugs which only looks good but yields minimum improvement so I went on a research into the difference between the best and the normal ones and discovered, I could actually get high conductivity thru some modifications inside and outside the plugs therefore I ended up with normal Wattgates modded plugs which is most bang for bucks after comparing to a Oyaide P046/C046. Of cos they don't look as eye candy as the Oyaide but it was good enough for me.

Wanted to pass Kidult the burn-in one but was taken by someone else, so Kidult will be doing the favour of burning in for me. :thumbup:

:thumbup: That is indeed interesting. Would you be making this for sale in the future? Would sure like to audition it if it is possible. :grin:

interesting ....

i look to audit it if i got the chance.... :D

maybe can spare me from buying any cables for time being if i like this yellow cables...

Can I also tryt lets see how it fares with the rest of the inventory. :sweat:

The stuff Aron makes is normally quite outstanding, so I think this one shouldn't be any different. :) Just hope it doesn't break the bank. :P

With the snake hiding within the yellow sleeves, all I need to to add nice plugs to charge a premium but nah... just sharing poison with you guys. :smoke: Must look back at this thread for the culprit who reignite my quest for power cords.... :bash:

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

With the snake hiding within the yellow sleeves, all I need to to add nice plugs to charge a premium but nah... just sharing poison with you guys. :smoke: Must look back at this thread for the culprit who reignite my quest for power cords.... :bash:

I Second that. Some connector ends are more expensive than the cables. lol! :rclxub:

Aaron you joining the power chord quest provides people and forumers alike another option locally. Hey this might be even better than most in the market. ;)

All thanks to this thread I have recently purchase an Acrolink 4030 power cord which I'm quite impressed over my previous JPS superconductor 2, the obvious transparency and detail was hard to miss. However one week after my Acrolink purchase, I am yet again stunned by how much difference powercords can make after listening to Aron's new powercord.

But I'm still going to test it further, letting the Acrolink burn in more (maybe another 1 week?) before I'm totally convinced. (I'm a little bias over the Acrolink, and they are using high grade Oyaide plugs! :doh: )

All thanks to this thread I have recently purchase an Acrolink 4030 power cord which I'm quite impressed over my previous JPS superconductor 2, the obvious transparency and detail was hard to miss. However one week after my Acrolink purchase, I am yet again stunned by how much difference powercords can make after listening to Aron's new powercord.

But I'm still going to test it further, letting the Acrolink burn in more (maybe another 1 week?) before I'm totally convinced. (I'm a little bias over the Acrolink, and they are using high grade Oyaide plugs! :doh: )

Hmmm...Now you've made me really want to audition Aron's powercord. I am using the Acrolink 4030 with Oyaide 004, as well (on my CDP). :think:

So how does the audition of this cord arranged? Thanks.

Hmmm...Now you've made me really want to audition Aron's powercord. I am using the Acrolink 4030 with Oyaide 004, as well (on my CDP). :think:

So how does the audition of this cord arranged? Thanks.

I really can't say... I like it on classical music a lot, it seems to give the music emotion (maybe I'm a bit exaggerated). The Acrolink is not bad too but don't know why I seem to pay more attention when the yellow snake is connected on.... like there is something extra? :blink:

I really can't say... I like it on classical music a lot, it seems to give the music emotion (maybe I'm a bit exaggerated). The Acrolink is not bad too but don't know why I seem to pay more attention when the yellow snake is connected on.... like there is something extra? :blink:

Are you using the Acrolink on your source? And the cord for your amp? I am using the Acrolink 4030 with the Tunami GPX-R, which I find to be pretty good combination, one is smooth and detailed, the other provides plenty of power and nice bass.

Are you using the Acrolink on your source? And the cord for your amp? I am using the Acrolink 4030 with the Tunami GPX-R, which I find to be pretty good combination, one is smooth and detailed, the other provides plenty of power and nice bass.

I'm using the 4030 on the source and JPS on the amp, the yellow sounds good on both sides and I'm thinking of asking Aron to make another set for me to try, I know he is also planning to make a power distributor that he wants me to try over my Tice audio power conditioner, so maybe try everything all at one go.